CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

State of the Union?

So you know whats up now. Its Wednesday, time for my weekly disappointment. How can we miss West Wing this week? Oh I know .. State of the Union time. Don't get me wrong..I am a republican and would vote for Pres. Bush three more times but... sometimes its hard listening to him articulate. So no Pres. Bartlett for another week, hey the positive side is my wife and I didnt scream at each other on why she's sabbotaging my t.v. watching.
It looks like I may have to dismiss one of my players for a rule break and that, my mafia friends, is not fun. No matter how macho I wanna be and say" hey thats her decision".. when she broke the rule it still breaks my heart. She's young and people make decisions that arent good at times but it would hurt my program to keep her on the team. So I will call her in the office and tell her, shes no longer on the team. She will cry or get mad and it will truly hurt to do it. To add to the beauty of this, she's my best young player...so yea for Jeffy! When players are dismissed in the past I can kinda convince them,truthfully, that its not in their best interest to stay. This is different! Well poor me.."its called a job Jeff" sorry I like to feel sorry for myself.
Thats what I love about my Dad..we will tell each other how bad our days are going and then one of us will say "but..nothing really is that bad, I mean lets keep it in perspective!" I am blessed with two boys I love beyond belief. They tend to fight way to much and have discovered the magic of talking back but I'm not complaining to much. I have a gorgeous woman who is a great mom and wife. I love how she keeps me in check, at least tonight I do. Plus shes my best friend..o.k. wayyyy to mushy! Anywho I have it good.
Kelly was funny last night. She found my Mafia Blog funny but doesnt like to be characterized as the muscle of the family. I have a masters in counseling but really no way to rationalize how I described her. Simply put she's not mean or mean-spirited actually she's kindhearted. Althoughhhh she will tell it how it is..and I love it. My gosh I'm just laying it on thick tonight!

Later..Props to the Mafia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeff you don't have to go on and on about your wife like that.... what did you say.....kindhearted.......oh hush......what....gorgeous....please stop you are embarrasing me.....okay - well thanks! Love you!

Kirk Wimberley said...

Well, at least we all know about Bush's social security plans right? HA! Seriously, I an respect how hard that must be to cut your player, and I would feel sorry for myself too. Good luck with that...it won't be fun, but you're right, it's something you HAVE to do. MAybe your team will be stronger now, no disrespect to the one you're cutting, but if they feel they have to work harder as a team to make up for losing this girl, it could be better for the team. Just tryin' to find some positivity, brutha! Positivity? Sounds like something Bush would say. As for the rest of the blog...even I was blushing!

Alyssa said...

I will give you one word to get you through this bad day.........HAWAII!