CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 20, 2005

NASCAR

Well I coached three soccer games today which means I missed the Daytona 500! Don't fret I taped it...and managed to get home and watch it without knowing who won the race. Well I wasted 3 hours of my life. No one wants to see Jeff Gordon win a race! Trust me the pretty boy gets on my nerves!
I grew up with my dad watching NASCAR and thought it was boring until the early 90's then grew to love it! I just love the humans who say its boring or redneck to watch racing...color my neck red! There is almost nothing as exciting. Bless the people's hearts who don't like racing...I guarantee they have never watched a race! For the record Rusty Wallace is the best racer in my book. Trust me no one gets in less wrecks and races as hard as Rusty. You see, my faithful readers, the key when you root for a racer is that he's there at the end. Rusty is always in the mix. This is his last season, so lets stand up and give him his props! The man won the Nextel title (then called the Winston) in 1989 and has challenged ever since. He is classy and runs a clean race all the time. He is one of the most competitive racers on the track. He finished 10th today and thats awesome..it sets him up for the season to win the championship before the end. We have a longgg year and Rusty will win. So I challenge all you nay sayers to watch a race and not get caught up in it! Pick a guy you think is awesome or a sponser one of these guys races for and back them. I will have the challenge next year (for the first time in a longg time) to pick a new favorite. Rusty will retire and I will grow older rooting for someone else but always knowing he was the racer of my youth! A lil hint for the women out there... Dale earnhardt jr. is a ladies man so maybe you like him? I'll stay with Rusty in my heart but be forced to root for someone else 365 days from now!

Later!

3 comments:

Kirk Wimberley said...

I think it's cool that you're so into NASCAR! My uncle has been teaching me a lot about it, and it's actually pretty interesting! Since we have no hockey, and football is over, I think I will start trying to watch NASCAR! I have no idea who I'll pick as my favorite yet, but it WON'T be Earnhardt, Jr.!!!!

Alyssa said...

yeah I LOVE to watch car racing. Like did you see when that red car passed the blue car on the 33rd lap.......that was real cool. The they went around 25 more times and the green car drove behind the yellow car, and the blue car passed them both. That was when I was really on the edge of my seat!

Jeff said...

Very funny.