CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Leave to Beaver?

Wow - The Trimble's are officially the average, middle income, suburban couple. At 5:00pm tonight we had soccer practice for Evan, 5:30pm soccer practice for Alec, 7:00pm PTA spring play. My son was the proclaimer of the poem for the month of February. It was a 35 minute review of the months of the year and a song and poem for each. My son was Feb. - are you kidding me. Would it have been rude to walk out then? Of course - so I sit there and slowly lose all sense of who I am and why I'm sitting there. I do it because from March to Dec. those kids count too - dang it! They worked hard and they deserve my undivided attention! I would like to give a shout out to The five turkeys - you my lil friends - made the month of November's song bareable!
We then went out to eat as a family - Kelly called all the restaurants in the North Texas regional area for the "kids eat free night"! We ate at El Chico's and now are trying to get the kids bathed. Well Kelly's on the phone and I'm typing while Evan is bathing and Alec is probably creating some weird experiment in his room.
I have to tell you - it was a lot of fun being a parent at a soccer practice and not the coach. Stupid coaches were screwing everything up though - my boys should both be better but are getting under coached. I am kidding because I care.

Later

3 comments:

Kirk Wimberley said...

HA! I'm sure it's hard to not criticize your son's coaches. However, it sounds like you'll have PLENTY of time to work with your boys individually. HA! Speaking of restaurauts, I hear we got a new one on Beverly...Toscani's I believe. An Italian couple who wandered here from Dallas on vacation and decided to move here and open a restaraunt. Can't wait to try it out!

Kelly said...

Honey - you did very well keeping the shakes under control watching the rest of the play! I'll have to blog about that later!

Kirk - we'll have to go there before you move! Although - Italian isn't on my diet - too many carbs. Now, let me get back to breakfast - my pancakes are getting cold! :)

Kelly said...

Bennigans and Pizza Hut are Tuesdays - didn't find any others! Oh - I think Luby's is Tuesdays and Thursdays.