CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 21, 2005

Spring Breakin...

So whats up everyone? Spring Break was a blast! I did nothing - isn't that great. I watched a lot of basketball, almost all of season 3 on 24, my wife walk through the house on her way to work and my boys run in to tell on each other. All from the comfort of the couch. I did work out during these days so felt no guilty laying around for 75% of the time. The phone didn't even ring much. I mean I would not have been happier in an exotic location. Well maybe, lets not get crazy.
My NCAA bracket has just been shredded. Three of my final four teams are out. Not good at all. My wife beat me in our golden globe, academy awards and now NCCA bracket contests. The best is that she is competitive also so I get no break when I lose.
I got to mow the grass! I love doing that, I really do. First of all, I take pride in how the yard looks. Sometimes it doesn't show but I love to have a cut/clean yard. Secondly, there is something about pushing the mower that gives time to think, exercise, pride and a sense of calm. If they ever invent a lawn mower phone I'm soo dead. So I got that accomplished this week.
Tball practice is the best. I'm convinced any time I can watch other adults coach I'm taking it. Don't get me wrong our coaches are good and patient but its still fun watching a few grown men try to corral 11 5 yr. olds. The fact that these kids want to play tball but its just not always when its time to practice. Thought process of a 5 yr. old....
*Jimmy you wanna play tball this year..
*I do mommy when can we play...
*We start next week...
*great mommy can't wait...
*(next week) jimmy we have tball today ...
*ohhh right I can't wait , I'm getting my glove...
*(2 hours later) o.k. jimmy its time to go to tball...
*Ahhh mommy I just started my video game/playing with my cards/watching my movie...
You get the picture. So then we as parents take them out to practice, even if their excited about this practice, ten minutes in the practice -when the practice doesnt go how they planned - dissention is in the ranks. Bless the coaches hearts! Hey I'm just a parent and I support the coaches 100% (as long as things go my kids way). I'm kidding of course (college scholarship)
Later

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Sorry about your luck on the NCAA bracket - GO UCONN!

You made a good Mr. Mom honey - Thanks!