CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

MSU - I thought you knew

O.k. enough is enough. I have consistently talked about my team in a negative manner. This is unfair to most if not all of my girls. Time for a lil (what I like to call ) positive flavor. I am a lil out of my league with the whole positive spin but I'll do my best.
*MSU women's soccer has been the number two team out of 9 teams in grade point average at MSU. We average a 3.1 out of 4.0 for our team G.P.A.
*We have averaged a win percentage of 66% overall and 80% for our home games.
*I have a number of girls in the nursing/radiology program whom go to there rotations for five hours then to practice then back to studying for the next day.
*I have half of my team going together to a weekly college Bible study and talking openly about it on the bus, at practice and anytime someone will listen.
*I have girls who played for three of four years not starting and not on scholarship - just there to support the others and give their support. In this day and age of "quick/video game restart satisfaction" expectations among our youth - thats awesome!
*The seniors give the other players gift bags before every game. Sometimes candy - sometimes pillows they stuffed and stitched themselves.
*One Mass Comm. major does a end of the sesason video for all the girls and shows it at our banquet.

Well I just want to let you all know - I love my girls and wouldn't trade this team with these success's and problems for anything! I'm blessed!
Later

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am glad there is a good side to "your girls" and I am sure you did not have to strain to hard to think of the positives. It also helps that they have a great God fearing coach! So I haveheard anyway. Mostly from your wife but I guess that counts, however bias it may be. Yes Kelly I know I probably spelled bias wrong, or maybe I didn't and now I look stupid anyway because i think it is. Oh well what ever, my spelling is no secret anymore.

Kelly said...

I love your team too honey -they are sweet girls just trying to do their best going to college and playing soccer.

Alyssa - I'm not so much worried about your spelling as I am about my husband who doesn't know that if a word ends in S you don't put an 's after it - you just put an ' - like this success'.