CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 14, 2005

How old am I?

Well I played the first coed soccer game of the year yesterday. One reason I slept til 10:00am this morning. My back hurts, both knees hurt, my elbow hurts and one foot hurts. I'm being completely serious - no exaggeration. I haven't felt like this since college and thats when I would play three games a week. Kelly decides to play coed soccer about three years ago and I say "great honey but I'm not playing"..so like any good marriage - we make an agreement. When her team moves up to the older league I would play. It makes sense, older people won't be as competitive..yeah right. We played with one less person than the other team yesterday because not everyone showed up. That just adds to the excitment - more room to run! I refused to play in the goal..something about 9 years of playing that position has a tad burnout rate to it. So I run around for 35 minutes and try to score - fun times! After they scored on our keeper twice I ended up playing in goal the competitiveness came out. The fact that I was near death running around allowed the decision to become a lot easier. When I'm in the field my competitive spirit kicks in and I'm like a dog that will fetch the ball til it has a heartattack - I couldn't stop running. So jumping in the goal made sense. That was not good either because i decided to dive after the shots instead of just letting them go in. I mean honestly if they score on me no big deal its only a coed game. Oh no competitive Jeff has to be all cool. Well Monday Jeff is close to traction! We tied the game..I didn't get scored on and scored a couple goals but trust me its not worth it...ha..it may be worth it next Sunday though.

Later

0 comments: