CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Survival

Well I went down to Austin for a couple of days to look at some players. The first day of the tourney was rained out so I just hung with my coaching friend. We had a pretty good time. The second day was fun plus I got to see some good players. I came back on Saturday and have felt sick since then. I'm not sure what it is but my stomach is hurting and starting to get a sore throat. Soo good times had by all! I haven't felt like I was going to be sick in a couple yrs. but have had that feeling for a couple hours Saturday night. Not fun at all! I went with Chris Deges to see Sideways today. I liked it. I'm not sure how everyone else will - its definately not a commercial film made to inspire. It has about a million "F" words in it. A scene of a jealous hubby running fully nude at the camera - 50 yrs. old. That image will take a few yrs to get out of my head. Other than that I found it honest and very funny. Thomas Hayden Church (Lowell on the T.V. show wings) was great in it.I am now at the computer while my lovely wife is making my favority meal- quiche! basically a hude omelete with fried potatoes on the side!! Love it!Four days and counting with no deep fried foods! No donuts/french fries/hash browns/catfish/The worst was today and no....Long John Silvers! Not good. I'm trying to get in better shape so I'm going to try a month of no deep fry! What am I going to do without Chicken fried Chicken?? Its all about Survival - If I stay alive for a month without the deep fry I'm sure it will find me!Well I have missed the blog mafia so I'm going to read everyone else's!

Later

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Good luck with the grease free diet. Grease is also one of my favorite food groups. I could live without another piece of cake but take away my french fries and I would go into convultions. I have never heard of the movie sideways but your description of the old naked man really makes me want to see it.jk!

Kirk Wimberley said...

A month with no deep fried foods?!?! Are you trying to kill yourself? (For some reason, that sounds a little ironic...) You could have at least waited until AFTER Super Bowl weekend!

Alicia said...

What do you mean the worst was today? I knew you didn't like the cornbread, you didn't like my beans either??