CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Michael Moore

Well I broke my own rule last night. My wife has always watched very carefully to keep me from watching shows that may give me a heartattack. For instance, she has banned me from watching politically Incorrect with Bill Mahr for years. I will almost stroke out everytime that guy opens his mouth. I thought I had grown up and could handle a little Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine last night. I am still trying to figure out what gave me the ignorance to try to get through it. It is unbelievable the hypocrisy this guy has in his "journalism". For instance he has a 60 yr. old man, who is very strange, on camera and is asking the guy about guns. The guy is half a bubble off and you can tell that right away. He, of course, loves guns of all sorts and has one under his pillow. So Moore goes into his bedroom and is looking at the gun and encouraging the guy to talk all about it. Moore's point was "if we ban the right to carry a firearm this guy would never have a gun" Are you kidding me - this guy is the reason we should have that right. Meanwhile Moore is presenting this guy to be an average joe who just happens to like guns. This may not make much sense but this is my therapy and I needed to get that out.

Kelly and I are continuing our odessey to watch all of the three seasons of Alias! I thought the show looked good a couple years ago so this Christmas asked for season two - having already bought season one. Kel started watching it and after watching both seasons in about two weeks we had to go get season three for ourselves. I am totally wrapped up in this show. Its no Soprano's but its close!

Its the first day back to school so of course my phone is ringing like crazy and people are stopping by to say "howdy." I hate this phone and really have no good reason to have someone stop by to tell me "howdy". I am a kind hearted man so I will continue to smile and tell them "howdy" right back then try to get my door to close so the rest of the afternoon no one will stop by! Those of you who have to be able to talk to others are a type of human I don't understand. I will now take a deep breath and let all the frustration leave and see if there is an update on the ESPN website to read!

Later

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Very impressed with your blog dedication. Kirk warned me not to watch any M.M. movies, and I did anyway, and he is such a **$$@@@$%%^&!!! I will have to check out the Alias series. Stricktly on your recomendation, so it better be good. Actual she (Jennifer Garner) is dating my fantasy boyfriend (Ben Affleck) so at least I know she has great taste. Maybe you can post a sign on your door that says "Don't bug me I do not like to talk to people just go read my blog, that is where I open my self up to the world" Just a thought. Aloha!

Kirk Wimberley said...

PLEASE do not get me started on Michael Moore. There's enough ignorant idiots out there who believe him and pay to see his movies, we don't need "curious" people to also support his despicable stretching of half-truths to the point of unrecognition. If you have any curiousities about this journalistic pervert, check out a book titled "Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man" by David T. Hardy, Jason Clarke. It's Moore's fault, thanks to "Bowling For Columbine" that my Italian friends, while we were with them in Rome, asked us in extreme seriousness "why students are allowed to take guns to school in the US." Moore's Bush-bashing agenda creates lies and deception for those unwilling to seek the truth, or those who are simply incapable of discerning complete absurdity when they see it. His techniques are identical to those of Saturday Night Live, where they take a short video clip or image of something and completely take it out of context for comic's sake, but it is OBVIOUS that it is comical. Moore does the same thing, but his goal is to try to lead you to an incorrect conclusion. Sadly, the sheep out there who follow anything they hear, believe this guy. Well, this book finally points out and reveals all of Moore's lies, and the book provides the TRUE stories to those Moore has twisted for the sake of bashing Bush and even this country. I'm glad someone published something like this...I am passionately against the idea that Michael Moore is allowed to walk the face of earth(would somebody please shoot him)...in fact, the bible says in the end times, we will be blinded from the truth....that is what Moore does to so many people who believe him....I think he is the antiChrist.

Well, that's my opinion anyway. Thanks for stirring me up again. Ciao!

Kelly said...

Geesh Kirk - tell us how you really feel! I have to admit I was curious what Moore thought about the election so I went to his website (which is more like his own blog) and he didn't post anything for like 2 days afterwards. His first post was "20 reasons we shouldn't slit our writsts." I just love it!