CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 27, 2005

The date night that went great then crashed!

Wednesday night - date night. Time for food,friends and oh yea my wife! The last two have been somewhat disappointing with the video taping saga. Wel,l my cute homies, tonight was going to be different. Kelly looked very intent on her video setting up duties. I had confidence - this was it the time for old problems to go away and a new and improved video programming queen to emerge! We had a fun dinner with Kirk and Jennifer. Lively conversation,witty bantering, slow waitress, and all around good times had by all!I did clarify with Kirk that I do love politics and all things therein but studying the social security act of 1822 was not a blogging favorite. So dinner done, lets grab the kids! We go get the boys from Awana's (Evan said his verse and actually remembered it long enough to say again after church! O.k phase two complete! We get home about 8:30pm cool.. I get a little preoccupied with who knows what I'm guessing a brawl between the boys in the back or my oldest smart mouthing his mother. Nine o'clock - time to go...here we go West Wing ..it's time, my homies, to witness the quickness of a beautiful show. 9:01pm television is turned on...first problem...the station is on Nickelodeon. I let out a scream! Kelly calmy explains that Evan was messing with the T.V. when he came in but it was close to 9:00pm so I shouldn't have missed much. Rewind and magically enough I missed a cool twenty minutes! Are you kidding me! I stand up walk outside with Dakota, Mr. lawn chair, Mr. copenhagen and myself. We sit and look at the stars for a good 40 minutes. The dog chews a stick,I chew the copenhagen and I bring myself to a low simmer. I now just think it's plainly comical. I mean you have got to be kidding me. I watch violent shows all the time and never have a problem but get the best show on television and I can't find a way to watch an entire episode! It was very good last night right up until the forty minute mark. The silver lining was in the 40 minutes out in the backyard about twenty of it was in prayer. After losing the last ounce of sanity I had I found it funny that this happened and just talked to God for a while. Not because I was sooo distraught - I'm not that wrapped up in the show - but because I guess I needed it. The Lord works in mysterious ways - ha. O.k homies I will be going recruiting here in about twenty minutes, to Austin, so no blogging from me until probably Sunday. Keep up the good work, you guys are going to be big time someday!
Later

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to sound like a complete geek, but you can download episodes of shows like West Wing, CSI, etc... from the internet. I screwed-up recording one of the final episodes of Friends, but was able to find it pretty easy. You can start at www.emule-project.net/ , or you can just wait for reruns or the DVD. Good luck!

Josh said...

Please stop saying "homey"

Kirk Wimberley said...

Yeah, and peeps is a little uncomfortable too. Josh, you're alive!! You should post more often, and where in the heck is YOUR blog? Also, give us a Friday or Saturday night in the next few weeks that you can come play some poker, and we'll set it up.
Jeff, I hope you weren't offended last night when I said you were anti-social...I simply meant you were "against-socializing". :) I will end this comment with an ending Jeff once used, and I;m sure Josh also loved it...

Word