CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 17, 2005

Skating/Football/Cross Canadian Ragweed

I honestly had no clue that an entire new sub-species of humans resided in a skating rink. Where have these people been? Why do they spend their Saturday afternoons skating in a dark rink. I was there for my 8 year olds birthday party but there were quite a few people that could not hide behind that excuse - not that they would want to. I did take the bull by the horns and hopped right into some bright red/orange rental skates and attack the rink like a puppy with a dead rat in the backyard. (my dog is big on killing rats and presenting them proudly to my wife) It was pure joy racing around at the speed of a geriatric 90 year old women with 12 yr. olds trying to impress their 10 yr. old girlfriends by going at the speed of light past me. I thought I had survived it all til my beautful wife skated up to me and wanted to couple skate. I have many faults but a lack of pride is not one. I promptley pushed her to the ground, screamed that my 5 yr. old needed me and skated as fast as I could to get off the rink. I'm pretty sure I got a lot of bonus points for that move!

I made it back for the playoffs - which other than the jets/steelers game was a lame weekend of football for me. I do not like the steelers but it was entertaining. I have a hatred for the Eagles, I am sooo tired of the Patriots and I loved the beat down the Falcons gave the Rams but it wasn't very intiguing. I'm still concerned at the fact that as the Patriots were beating the Colts I was getting more intense and angry as the game went on. I'm going to have to get a hobby.

Sunday hits and I go to the Cross Canadian Ragweed concert! My wife is still in shock that I missed the Golden Globes. I'm sure many of they 3 people that read this blog have no clue who Cross Canadian are. You have to watch CMT or live in North Texas to kinda get the feel and appreciation for them. Anywho I walk into Grahams with some friends and a girl walks up and says "You look familiar" I say "what" She says "whats your name" I proudly look around and say "Jeff Trimble" She says "your coach Jeff, you coached me in soccer camp when I was 10" I say "What " and then she bee bops off. So my confidence was riding higher than they lead singer of Cross Canadian (from the looks of him I think him and the wacky weed have had a few moments together) as I entered the concert. The concert was disappointing - I have seen them before so no big deal but for all the second hand smoke I inhaled and Beer I didn't get to drink much of (I drove) it was a lost night. Plus my wife picked better in our annual Golden Globe pick'em contest!

Lets recap... I learned
1. New sub species of humans
2. I shouldn't bet on football or the Globes
3. I am now the guy "that coached me when I was little"
4. Cross Canadian is better when your not crammed into a club with 1,000 of your closest friends all smoking except for you.

Later - Rememer your always 17 in your hometown

1 comments:

Kelly said...

See my blog and we will see how much "pride" you have left!