CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Smoooothhhh

So yesterday my friend Rob and I are running around town on a mission from my wife. I need to get my check in the bank. So I go get it and drive to the bank. The teller (no clue how old but has to be no older than 22) says "good day" I say the same and decide to test the theory - if they can hear us talking to them from the intercom without us pushing call! So I'm saying "whats up" and "stop acting like you can't hear us we're talking to you." Strangely enough it doesn't work I guess she really couldn't hear us unless we pushed call. It was fun trying - so then i get the receipt back through the tube, that sucks it down to us, go to sit it back on its resting place - well I hit the send button so the cylinder shoots out of my hand with my fingers still attached and back to the teller. She looks out at us, while I'm trying to get the truck in gear, put the skin back on my fingers and not look up. "Best friend" meanwhile is on the floorboards laughing at me and telling me how smooth I am. Amazing - honestly - if I wasn't married it would be a long hard life. I'm sure ms. teller will have a few beers at her sororiety party tonight and have a great story to tell. I'm still trying to find my fingernails!
I agree with Kirk you gotta love Apprentice! Great episode last night - good grief what a pitiful promotion (Magna)! I love reality competiton television! Survivor/Appr./Amazing Race I'm still mesmerized by them all!

Later

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Dude this is a cool blog tonight! Your writing skill matches the excellance of Elle McPherson in an S.I. swimsuit issue! Oh wait am I allowed to comment on my own blog?

Kirk Wimberley said...

Great blog tonight Jeff! As far as I'm concerned, you are as journalistically adept as...someone who can write really good or something. But if you have a copy of Elle McPherson's SI photo shoot, I wouldn't mind studying it strictly as a means of comparison. Seriously, your blog made me laugh because I remembered my days as a teller and all the tricks we use to play on each other. The equipment we had allowed you to punch a button and speak through the microphone at someone else's window. If you can imagine, this opened up ample opportunities for fun. On one occasion, my coworker, Wendell, was waiting on a car full of giggly high school girls. It's important to understand that his drive-up window was right next to his window, so he was only 3-4 feet from his customers. So he took their transaction and was working on it, when I decided to press his microphone button from my station across the room...and I said in a low and friendly voice "Heeyyyyy baby". The girls immediately stopped talking and all stared directly at Wendell! He could only stare back at them in complete shock and embarassment until he could hold it no longer and then he burst out in laughter. I was already passed out on the floor. Anyway, thanks for bringing back all the memories. If you really want to have fun with a teller, write a check out of your account and make it payable to yourself, and then fill out a deposit slip on the same exact account for the same amount. Then send your transaction through and act like everything is completely normal. HA! That actually happened to me once. When I questioned the old man about it he just glared at me and said gruffly "I don't see what the problem is...I come to the bank all the time." I smiled politely, did his meaningless transaction and told him to have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I can not say for sure, but that just may have been a blonde moment!