CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Open Water/Food

Lets get one thing straight my peeps. I am fascinated with sharks, not scared just very respectful! I love shark week on Discovery channel, love aquariums with sharks in them and love books about sharks and attacks. I do not relish the fact of swimming with sharks or becoming snacks for them.
I watched "Open Water" last night. I really enjoyed it. It was a small, low budget and a really well done film. My wife was worried about nightmares but no problem. I think the fact that the divers were in the middle of the ocean when attacked makes it easier to watch. I will never put myself in that situation. My goodness those dang things were big.
I have a change of schedule today - playing golf this afternoon. I feel good about it because I have everything done here in the office so I'm not going to stress out about being behind. Isn't this funny? I will sit here in the office not working or getting things done at all and go home with no problem. If I am busy and get behind I feel overwhelmed. I think it's a control thing. By the way the barbbecue chicken last night (the meal outside my comfort zone) was horrendous. Don't get all worked up peeps I cooked it, not my wife. Ready for a new chapter in the book which is JT's mind? I know what I'm getting at every restaurant and will not try new things or new restaurants! I always have a backup- thats as far as I'm willing to go.

Chili's - chicken fried chicken or fajita pita
OTB - chicken fried chicken or quesadillas
Long John's - 3 piece fish and fry
Taco Bell - tacos and nachos combo
Wendys - chicken sandwich combo
oriental restaurant (any) - broccoli and chicken or beef
Italian Restaurant (any) - chicken alfredo
Texas Roadhouse - Ribeye, bake potato
Cracker Barrel - eggs and meat for breakfast/you guessed it - chicken fried chicken (supper) with three potato sides!

Whenever I venture out of my comfort zone - wham I get hit with a sucky meal! I enjoy eating to much to branch out. Kel wonders if I will ever regret missing something new, noppers! (Made that word up)
So all you "fly by the seat of your pants" peeps have fun. You will enjoy 55% of the food you eat and pay for 95% of it!

P.S. I will try things new on vacation, I have to admit England's food was terrible! So I paid dearly for that venture outside my box! I will continue to risk appetite and happiness when we venture on our next vacation! Look out world I'm out of control!

Later

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Well I can't say anything bad about the restaurant thing because I always order the same thing to. However I do not order the same thing at every restaurant!!! I am glad you venture out on vacations so we won't have to listen to you whine when there is no chicken fried chicken on the menu. One thing I will say is that Long John Slivers is the most discusting restaurant ever. You might as well go up to the guy and say "I'd like to order a plate of greese, with a side of greese, add some greese, and of I'll take a coke with that" YUCK! We boycoted that resaurant years ago. Well I did and Ben had no choice but to follow. Do you see who wears the pants in our relationship?

Kirk Wimberley said...

Jennifer is the same way. She rarely tries something new, but I on the other hand, LOVE new things! That was a lot of the fun for me in going to Italy last year - I knew every single thing I ate would be new! WOW!! And Italy's food is very delicious I might add. There is just nothing that compares to trying a new meal and it being absolutely the best thing you have ever eaten.
Alyssa, I'm impressed that you correctly spelled restaurant 3 out of 4 attempts. However I was wondering about some words in your comment. When Jeff makes up a word (noppers) at least he clarifies. What are these words Alyssa - discusting, greese (3 times), boycoted?
Ciao!

Alyssa said...

leave me alone. Don't you have a diet Dr. Pepper to drink or something?