CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 21, 2005

Guy movies

I was thinking about Soprano's today! I love that show - fav. show by far! Now why the heck do I like it? One of my all time favorite movies is Godfather. I mean am I addicted to the power aspect of the characters, the danger aspect, the hot girls (sorry got sidetracked not many hot girls in Godfather), or the fact that this is a world I would love to be employed into. I'll be honest a career in the CIA or FBI is intriguing but a organized crime hitman is probably not my life goal. I know the fairer sex likes some of the shows in this genre(thats a word describing types - Alyssa) but I do think it has a lot to do with testosterone. I really like some poor guy getting beat down - thats kinda cool. I love the end of Godfather when all of Michael's enemies get whats coming to them. You have to love that! Its very poetic in the third installment when Michael's daughter dies. Sorry sidetracked again. I know it could be the acting or the production of the movies/shows but I think I'm hopeless - its the violence and the debauchery. Hey I did my time watching Little House on the Prairie/Waltons/Family Ties (Alex P. Keaton is Josh Burgess) these shows that my family all watched together. I deserva a little violent viewing, right? When I was young had to be in bed before Hill Street Blues though! I do like other shows and other genre's but I'm telling you it gets scary when I have a smile on my face when one of Tony's guys "takes care of a problem". It beats Leave it to Beaver I'll tell ya that!

Its official - I have to have a third boy! - The O.C. or whatever the heck these girls are watching will never do. I did love a little 90210 back in the day - don't tell anyone!
Later

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I know we are not suposed to watch tv and fill our heads with all this stuff but I can't help it either. Although I am more of Sex And The City type girl. Not so much because of the sex but boy can they shop! I would also like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for explaining any big words to me as I am a complete idiot and would not be able to understand your blogs if you didn't!

Jeff said...

i watched sex and the city for ten minutes other day and blushed the entire time. All they talk about is sex. while shopping

Kirk Wimberley said...

Jeff, I have a confession to make. I hope I don't lose my membership to the guys club, but I have never seen the Godfather. I'd like to though, so maybe I will rent it. I've seen the first 10 minutes of the first Godfather in a school project that studied leadership styles, and it captured my attention. This is also where I was introduced to the series "24", which looked very good, but I've yet to watch an episode...is that a good one? OK, which ONE series would you recommend I start watching since NHL will be locked out for a long time? I seriously will watch the Godfather very soon, maybe I'll even start it this weekend. Of course, now I know in the end that all of Michael's enemies get whats coming to them. And now I also know that in the third installment, Michael's daughter dies. I'm looking forward to that one. Do you have them on DVD? I think our society would be complete if we just had Calvin & Hobbs cartoons.