CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 14, 2005

Can a guy do this?

First things first - I'm a soccer coach in Texas and a husband to a beautiful woman, and a Dad to two cool boys.

My wife is awesome although the thing I love most about her is the thing that can get me put in my place. She tells it like it is, and thats awesome when I'm sitting beside her listening about someone or something else. When she looks at me, says my name, and tells me what she thinks/feels, life becomes a tad challenging. Hey I'll take that over a wife that just tells me things are always great when there not. I don't have enough time to go over describing my wife to everyone but I'm sure when I need bonus points from her I'll blog her degree of awesome!

My two boys are great - the oldest is a smart/sensitive/back talking /sore losing/loving/reading/friendly oldest boy that I love. My second is a athletic/loving/cuddling/curleyhaired/smart/peanut butter eating youngest child that I love.

O.k. here we go. I need to know right now if there is a rule in the guy's book of rules about this blogging thing. I mean if I lose my membership in the guy club I'm going to be really upset. I have lost my copy of the rule book - well misplaced it. I'm 34 and thought I had memorized all the rules. This computer stuff has to be in one of the chapters that I never really paid that much attention too. I'm going to play it safe and not tell anyone about this blog until I get the courage and maybe find the book and clarify the rule. Hey, anytime a person can rehash the day or their thoughts and not pay for a professional therapist its got to be good.

Its January and for a college soccer coach that means one thing - boredom! Recruiting is done - it better be. We won't start spring practices for a month so I sit in my office and write blogs - I guess. I really enjoy my down time. No phone calls. I'm a fairly private person who loves communicating through e mails and gets sick when the phone rings. I pray its for my wife and glare at her when I hear the words "Yeah he's here, hold on". So I sit here with my office door open and smile knowing no one will stop by until Tuesday when the students/players get back. Then I have to start communicating. I can talk with others its just I do it so much with recruiting and coaching its nice to not communicate. Trust me think about all the problems you, my faithful readers, would avoid if you hadn't talked! Well I'm done - the session went well I will charge myself a lunch and the priviledge of going home and letting my dog out to chase squirrels. Later

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Very nice honey! I am proud of you - you actually went out on a limb and took a chance!

I will have to start commenting about your grammer and punctuation if you don't put apostrophes (is that how you spell that?) where they are supposed to be!

Love you!

Kirk Wimberley said...

First things first. You made me go and actually setup an account in order to post on your blog! Oh well...I guess that means no more secret posts by the mysterious person. Secondly, I have been debating with my wife, and I've tried to with Alyssa, but she always ignores my questions, about whether or not I'd be playing for the "other" team (or the more politically correct: gender preferentially challenged) if I created a blog site. I have not taken the leap because up until now, I had not reconciled the idea that's in not gay for a guy to have his very own blog site. HA! But now, after seeing you've taken the step, it makes me think I should have jumped out there and did it anyway. I mean, I have no questions about my sexual preferences, and blogging won't change that. As for the guy book, I think you're right. That thing was written ages ago, before computers, so there's not much in there. So, as far as I'm concerned, as long as you don't talk about romance issues or decorate your blog site in pink flowers, I think you get to keep your membership in the guy club. Hats off to you for taking the leap. I'll probably be not too far behind...since you made me set one up anyway just to post on yours! Another hesitation of mine has been that while funny, meaningless things that occur during the day is entertaining to read, I don't see myself blogging about that stuff. I'm an overanalytical thinker (translation:big nerd) who enjoys pondering and discussing current events, economics, sports, and the like. So my hesitation is - none of that seems to be relevant to any of these other blogs, so who would read it? Anyway, I have one setup now, so I may experiment with one and see what happens. Because of my overanalytical tendencies, I have named it "Read the Fine Print", but this post is not to promote myself, it is to congratulate Jeff for stepping out there and being a real man. Way to go Jeff! We'll miss taking your money tonight, so get out of your prior engagement and go to Chris'!
Kirk
PS - Kelly, a.k.a., Queen Spelling Bee Champ - do you not have to spell "grammar" correctly in order to tease everyone about their spelling? :) JK

Jeff said...

well thank you! I did have a few reservations but listening to guns and roses and blogging at the same time helped. good luck tonight and feel lucky i don't lose often!

Alyssa said...

well well well, you finally took the plunge. Just don't try and out-do me and be the funniest blog! That would be tough competition for me. I think it should be the "lets talk about feelings" blog!! What do you think Kelly? An Kirk! Since you left a comment in Jeffs section that was almost longer then the blog itself you definatly have to start your own blog. No it is not gay, but if you write about anything that makes me have to think I will probably not read it! Way to go Jeff. I am excited to have a new blog to read!

Alyssa said...

Oh and one more thing.....I hope you post a blog more often then your wife.