CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Marathon!

No I did not run a marathon. I did watch fours consecutive episodes of West Wing on Bravo! Every Monday night from 6pm til late into the night hours they play back to back episodes. This has to be the best written show on T.V. today. Actually this year is a lil sub par (par is excellence) but still the episodes I have gotten to see are still great. So I sit there with my chips and drink and watch the brillance unfold before me. Kelly usually is attached to the computer or running errands around town. Its funny she always tells me where she is going but by the fifth stop my mind has ventured off.
The secret to Jeff Trimble is one word - routine. Mondays are friend night at Rob's. Beverages, steak, anything of a sports flavor on t.v., and Xbox (usually NASCAR - we have our own steering wheel and pedals or NCAA college football) . Tuesday is Kel's night to read so I watch T.V. and do crosswords. Wednesday is date night - On the Border and West Wing - when its taped. Thursday night is the night at home with the wife, dog,kids and Alias. Friday or Saturday night we go to friends or they come over to us. Sunday is church followed by Long John Silvers and football. This would be just about me telling about my week except fot the fact that this routine is followed every week!! If its altered its not a good time had by anyone.
Another challenge I have in my world is if I ask my beautiful wife "whats for dinner" and she says "chicken" when I come home and its hamburger - very hard to function for me. Now before all the ladies start getting there bloomers in a bunch I never tell her she has to make something or that she has to tell me. Its simply when she volunteers whats for dinner and I get a curve it makes my lil routine alter. (My gosh I can see the ladies getting ready to comment!)Josh Castles and his "switching car" thing that would kill me. Change does not go hand in hand with routine. Last night we had the chance to see Ben Stein. No problem, would love it but I didn't find out til 5:15pm that we had tickets. Thats to big a jump - thats a break in the routine - give me a day to rethink my routine - no problem. You can't expect me to adjust that quickly! I have to be able to follow something. If you don't follow something - then you follow nothing! Chaos will then take place and the world simply spins out of control!

Later

Top Five shows of all time (for me)
1. MASH
2. West Wing
3. NYPD
4. Alias
5. Magnum P.

10 comments:

Kirk Wimberley said...

I'm not a psychiatrist, psychologist, or whatever kind of quack, I mean doc, makes this diagnosis, but I believe I'm detecting a HINT of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? HA! Has your routine been compromised recently? As far as your selection of shows...do you not rate comedies near the top anywhere? I've never been much of a tv-watcher, but I really like Mad About You, Seinfeld, and for a more cerebral comedy...I enjoy watching Frasier from time to time.

Jeff said...

Kirk
Routine is going great! I will certainly whine or blog when it gets out of whack. Although the barbacue chicken Kel is making tonight is not a favorite. Love comedies but I like show that make a person go through emotions - I guess I'm a T.V. snob. Soprano's actually would bump Alias down and Magnum off.

Alyssa said...

well you would not last two days around here. We are a speratic fly by the seat of your pants kind of family. Nothing in our lives is rountine. Do you ever think you might watch a little too mcuh tv? Maybe you have such a routine life because you are living vicariously through your tv.

Jeff said...

You may be confusing routine with boring. Oh just the opposite, my little red skinned friend. Routine is exciting! Television,books,sports, and time alone for myself and with family are all included in my daily life. Its just that I know when to expect each fun filled activity to occur. I, at least, said on the weekends its almost a free for all time.

Jeff said...

Alyssa - were not the ones who have TiVo so we don't miss a single O.C. episode! J/K

It is hard living with such an un-impulsive husband - does anyone feel sorry for me? Didn't think so!

I just have to point out that Alyssa spelled vicariously correct yet managed to butcher sporadic. I have already pointed out to my husband that it is "it's" not "its". Bless your hearts!

Jeff said...

By the way - I would have to go with:

90210
NYPD Blue
ER
Survivor
Alias
Friends
Seinfeld

Okay - that is a few too many!

Kelly said...

I'm sure you figured out that those last two comments were from me - that is what I get when my husband has his own blog - he was signed in.

Alyssa said...

Oh my gosh Kelly I cannot believe Desperate Housewives did not make the list. Also you have pointed out my spelling mistakes enough times now. Everyone knows I cannot spell andd I do not claim to be good at it so get over it! My list would have to go something like this:
Desperate Housewives
Gilmore Girls
Sex And The City
Lost
ER, Friends, Sienfeld, Everyone Loves Raymond
and kelly 90210??? Give me a break!

Alyssa said...

Jeff I bet you would never dream of wearing the days of the week underwear on the wrong days. Jenn I was going to put One Tree Hill on my list, I love that show, but last time I mentioned watching it Kelly made fun of me.

Kelly said...

I am so over Desperate Housewives - I don't know why - I just don't watch it much. 90210 is a classic! Even Jeff agreed with me on that one! Jenn - what is House?