CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Sunday/Funday

I think I have already given my views on Major League baseball (the same as NBA basketball) wake me up for the playoffs. I do like opening day though and how about those Cincinnati Reds!! (Thats a baseball team, Alyssa) The big red machine got a win yesterday - I'm telling ya what! I decided to take a two hour lunch to watch a lil baseball- it was good times had by all! Being a women's soccer coach in the off season I could have taken a 7 hour lunch - no one would have noticed. Which leads me to my point - Sunday "the day that did not end"!

Mission: two soccer games to coach in Dallas and three games to evaluate
Obstacles: time change/sleep deprivation/sun and wind burn

5:45 a.m. (4:45 my body's time) - wake up to get ready for the drive to Dallas
6:00 a.m. - The car leaves the driveway
6:01 - 8:15a.m - Driving/singing/drinking coffee/listening to talk radio
8:15a.m. - get team warmed up to play (15 yr.old boys) some difficulty involved
9a.m - 11a.m. - Game tied 0-0 at half and finished 2-2 its a good tie (if thats possible) though because the previous coach lost to this team 4-1 in the fall.
11a.m - 2p.m. - drive to eat and other fields to watch recruits play - sun out and watching more soccer was a definite challenge
2pm-5pm - get the girls warmed up to play then a two hour game resulting in an exciting 0-0 tie - i hate soccer
5pm-730pm - drive home/more singing/get there and return the school car
8pm - 915pm - club coaches meeting
930pm - finally back home with sunburn/exhaustion/sweat/ so i watch the NASCAR race my wife has taped and pass out!!

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

wow the life of a soccor coach. That is tough!!! I would have squeezed in a trip to the mall since you were already in Dallas!