CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Curb your Enthusiasm

O.k. by a show of hands, how many people have watched this show "Curb your enthusiasm"? I am on Season three and its the best. Have I talked about this show yet? The creator of Seinfeld (Larry David) basically plays himself in Hollywood. His wife is not his real wife (played by an actress) but his friends are like his real friends. Richard Lewis, Paul Reiser, Ted Danson are all in it on occasion. There have been some episodes where Julia Louis Dreyfus and Jason Alexander are in them (playing themselves). Larry, of course, makes up the story lines but what he does is set up each scene as to how it will go and the rest is improvised. It makes for some realistic comedy. The show is on HBO and its just about the best. Sounds complicated but hey when you watch soccer all day you have to lock into something!
I was a judge at the sorority and fraternity "sing song" last night. The theme was the 80's so I got to listen to 12 songs from the 80's - loved it. They basically lip synced but still was a fun time. The place was packed with about 150 loud frat boys and sororiety "sisters" for this event. I did the best I could do - there was no judging on looks just talent. I am a fair and unbiased judge - I gotta keep repeating that. One group did the Bonnie Tyler song "total eclipse of the heart" - which is the greatest 80's song of all time!!

Whats your favorite 80's song???

Later

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

way too many songs to pick a favorite! I loved all the big hair bands and know all the words to bad medicine! Gotta love the 80's. blows the 90's out of the water. We were talking how every decade has songs that will be listned to for generations to come. For exacmple The Doors from the 70's Madonna from the 80's but there is not one band or singer from the 90's that will be known to generations to come. wierd!

Kirk Wimberley said...

80s music rocks! I cant pick a favorite though. It's like asking your 6 year old to pick ONE piece of candy in a candy store...they don't understand the concept. Alyssa...as for the 90s, I agree that the 80s was the best, but the 90s gave us Joshua Tree (U2)!!

Jeff said...

joshua tree was my high school years 88/89! but....the 90's gave us....Guns and roses- TBDBITL (the best damn band in the land)!

Josh said...

Love 80's music! During my six month vacation to Kyrgyzstan, I had the chance to host 80's night in the morale tent every Sunday night. I agree there are too many great ones to pick just one, but I do love "If you Leave" by OMD. Classic.

Curb your Enthusiasm is wickedly funny, but the emphasis is on wickedly. I can't watch too much of it in one sitting. Larry David is SUCH a horrible person, that I feel uncomfortable laughing.

For my money, the funniest tv show you can watch is the British version of the Office. Also painfully funny.

I also just finished the first season of Arrested Development and almost slipped a disc laughing so hard. Love it.

Cheers,
Josh

Alyssa said...

Kirk U2 was so from the 80's. I noticed that Jeff already pointed it out but I wanted to point it out again just because it is fun proving The Kirk Wimberly wrong! JK But I do not get to prove people wrong very often!!Guns n' Roses also came from the 80's. I am telling you nothing good came out of the 90's....unless you are a huge fan of MC Hammer. LIke I said though he will not be listened to by generations to come! No one has ever been able to give me a band that made it from the 90's.

Kirk Wimberley said...

Alyssa, I'm glad you enjoy proving me wrong...have you ever done it before? HA! JK! Seriously, there HAS to be a band that has made it from the 90s. Dave Matthews Band? Pearl Jam? Sheryl Crow? Come on...