CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 08, 2005

Music Life

I can honestly say that almost all my life experiences have a song connected to them. To which almost every song I know, I think of where I was or who I was with or something along those lines. Its amazing - Coincidently all of Bon Jovis albums have carried me throughout my life. Each album I seemed to be at a different stage!
"Beat it" and "Thriller" bring back memories of my dad and I staying up late on Friday nights to watch Friday Night Videos (this was before MTV) to see these videos premiere. Any Bruce Springstein song reminds me of Dad because he had the "Born in the U.S.A." tape in the truck and all my friends thought he was the coolest Dad. My mom basically is the reasojn I'm a Fanilow!! Gotta love Barry Manilow - He writes the songs that make the whole world sing!!

GNR "November Rain" - Kelly andI break up (College, not sure which time 17th or 21st break up) - so my depression song.
Survivor's "the search is over" - first gf's and I's "song" Thought we would make it from 8th grade until marriage but nope....wrong again.
Van Halen's "Best of Both Worlds - soccer camp junior year, Love David but have a lot of respect for Sammy!
Kris Kross's "JUmp" - Spring Break sophomore year college no comments friends CD I was an innocent bystander to that music.
Ugly Kid Joe's - "Hate everything about you" - Spring Break Junior year college - 16th or 5th breakup
Garth Brooks "Friends in low places" - College in dorm watching the T.V. special also rapped it at a bachelor party - don't ask!
LL Cool J "Bristol Hotel" or anything by Run D.M.C. - riding to practice with seniors when I was a lil soph. in H.S.
Bob Segar "Turn the page" - listening to it in garage with Dad - he worked on the car and I never paid attention.
Outkast "Ms. Jackson" - At Chris Deges's with Josh Burgess playing a Card Game (Poker) but don't tell anyone - we bet M&M's
Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice baby" - watching video at Josh Grill's house - I admit it...I thought it was a cool song!
Steven Curtis Chapman "I will be here" - our wedding song -still here (a lil more gray hair)

I could go on and on. My point is I love that at anytime I can hear a song and have it jar my memory back to a point in my life that brings out an emotion!

Jars of Clay "Flood" - Coaching here and seeing the video on M.T.V. and couldn't believe a Christian group was getting so many record sales.

Later

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

yeah I know what you mean. Like I went shopping the other day and bought black flip flops with diamonds (bling all around the edge. When I got home Ben played me the song "She's Got Diamonds On The Soles of Her Shoes" by Paul Simmon. I love when i hear that song and I can think of shopping! Also who is Bon Jovis??? jk

Kelly said...

Yeah it's real nice when we are driving in the car and you hear a song and you go "Junior year, making out with so and so". Didn't need to hear that one! J/K

By the way - I was a big NKOTB fan - and Alyssa - you forgot (or mentally blocked out!)country songs of the 90's - who will ever forget Garth Brooks!

Alyssa said...

ountry does not count. but if it did I would give you that one. But it dosn't o it does not matter!!