CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend

Good times this weekend. After tieing my game on Friday night 0-0 (we cannont score) I had the OFFL draft for my fantasy league. The guys in this league are great. We actually had a draft - you can't guess how long I've waited to actually be part of a draft in football. I lucked out and got the second pick of the draft. Of course I took Peyton Manning and now its almost assured I will win the league. Well maybe not but its a big step in the right direction. After the pure domination at the draft, Alec and I headed out to the country to watch a friend dove hunt. Alec was the retriever and I was the lookout for the doves: those things can sneak up on you if your not careful. It was a good time. Alec got to shoot two shotguns and a 22 so he was very excited. Remember he was born in Texas. We then went back in town for a cookout.
Sunday was the Alumni game for my girls. It was awesome to see 21 of my girls come back to play against my team. It really is a highlight of my year and I thank God that I got to coach these girls and get to see them years later. Its good to see so many of them happy and successful.
Yesterday I watched game tape of Friday's game (still cannot score) and watched the Florida State vs. Miami game last night. It was the worlds worst college football game! Borringgg and thats odd because those games are usually very exciting. You'll notice that I didn't seem to spend a lot of time with the family this last weekend. So did my wife. I have to start to get better at that. With Evan in school now it seems like its harder and harder to get quality time with the boys. My day doesn't really get busy until about the time theirs is slowing down. Enjoy the time before your kids start school because it does get very easy to let the time fly bye.
Later

2 comments:

Kirk Wimberley said...

Hey, if I would have taken Peyton Manning 1st, would you have drafted Ladainian Tomlinson? Also, what do you think about the keeper league idea? I know you like dynasties, and this is an element of the game that could breed dynasties. Wouldn't you love to keep Manning, A.Green, and C.Martin year after year?

Jeff said...

Keeper league is o.k. I really liked the draft!