CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Fantasy+Reality=Loser

Unbelieveable! Fridays game we lose (MSU W. Soccer) 2-1 with 13 seconds left in overtime. Fast Facts - I have never gotten scored on in a regular season game of any kind in the last five minutes. We had 13 seconds left, my people, 13 seconds in the second overtime! We had the ball 30 yards from the other teams goal! Then my back trys to chip the ball into the box and hits a player and they kick it long and Zoommm they get a breakaway! Where were my defenders - well watching the supposed "chip" into the box get kicked off someone. I just stood there after the game - had no clue how to react! So I get home comforted only by the fact the Buckeyes would beat the over rated Horns in the horseshoe. Well heck no we can't get that accomplished. We can't even drive more than 20 yards in the second half. Ahhh but I have the fantasy football Sunday to comfort me. Lost 700-5 and my best receiver blows his ACL! Well no worries we have a practice on Monday where one of my better players can at least roll her ankle bad enough to miss the rest of the year! At least I got that accomplished! Sorry Sarah Nelson but at least we can red-shirt her! So I sit here ready for a game tonight that we "should" win and dread the fact that we "should" win it. Plus side? Cowboys won, One son scored two goals (that I didn't see) on Saturday - other played well in the goal, Car got fixed - under warrenty, and oh yeah... the Eagles lost!

Later

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

ppor Jeff. All your teams are losers (jk) but look on the bright side, you still get to share a name with Jeff Gordon, and he is always a winner!

Kirk Wimberley said...

Do you seriously think the Horns are overrated?!? That was an incredible game! Texas will go undefeated and play USC for the national championship. I'm sure the Blackeyes, I mean Buckeyes will at least get a bowl game. I really do feel your pain with Javon Walker's ACL tear, mostly because I'm a HUGE fan of Brett Favre. On the bright side, I have Donald Driver...interested in a trade? :) By the way, why can't something like that happen to T.O.??