CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Midwestern 1 Commerce 0

Unbelievable. We won against the 17th ranked team in the nation. We played great the first half and get kicked from here to Utah in the second but hung on to go to overtime. FYI... this is our fourth overtime game in seven games. These overtimes are sudden death so its just completely agonizing! There are two overtime periods both ten minutes long then if no one scores we get a tie. Wellll ... second overtime ...1 minute 30 seconds left ... we get a corner kick put it back post... they clear it... my FRESHMAN forward steps up and shoots it into the corner. The guys team was there so they ran out on the field my team ran out from the bench and everyone partied. I stood there in total shock and walked over to shake the other coaches hand who likewise was in shock for another reason. I don't know what to think anymore, I'm just going to coach my best and try not to read into anything my team does.
So I get to work today and 15 minutes into my work day a worker in the central plant fell into some electrical wires and blows the power to 75 % of campus. He got taken to the hospital and is burned but o.k. Now we have close to 6,500 students standing outside all the buildings and an ambulance and eight fire trucks on campus. There was smoke going through our underground tunnels and into every building. Obviously I am typing this from the house because we're off until 8 a.m. tomorrow. Crazy stuff!
I'm home trying to mow buttt no gas in the mower so I'm typing away until I meet Kel for lunch then grab some gas. Fun times at the Trimble house today!

Later

9 comments:

Alyssa said...

ok you and Kelly need to colaberate before blogging so you guys don't blog about the EXACT same thing! jk. Big huge congrats on the win!! I knew you had it in ya! Jeff Gordon would be proud to share your name!

Jeff said...

very funny! Jeff Gordon is a big dork!

Kelly said...

Hey Alyssa - at least we are blogging SOMETHING!!!

Alyssa said...

well I would blog but then you would not see my gorgous kids first thing when you log onto my blog!

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! I don't know how y'all are surviving all these OTs. I'm biting my nails just reading your blogs about them! I'd have to eat a bottle of Tums a day to do your job. I'd better stick with making PB&J and signing teacher discipline reports.

Josh said...

Jeff,

Congrats! That's awesome.

Josh

Jennifer said...

Great win. I like it when you and Kelly both blog. You both have your own way of telling a story! I would think someone who comments and NEVER updates her blog wouldn't gripe at others. Congrats again!!

Kirk Wimberley said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm glad you won...especially since fantasy football isn't treating you so well. HA! Really though, that's GREAT!!

Alyssa said...

touche'