CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

White shirt, anyone?

Well just got back from taking A to Target to get Pokemon cards because he had to put up with getting blood drawn from his arm this morning. Fun times. I hate getting blood drawn so I bet it was no fun for him. Kelly has blogged about the needle that he accidentally pricked himself with.
Its always fun being in Dallas and having your wife tell you about it over the phone then getting off the phone and going to my next game with my team and having 1,000 thoughts running through my mind. We got crushed in that game , by the way, had nothing to do with me being distracted and everything to do with my team getting their @@@ kicked. So then we start to head home and stop at steak and shake for a quick bite. Well the waitress accidentally spills red fruit punch all over the back of my white shirt and down my shorts. I just sat there, my boys (some of my '90 boys were there) started laughing because I didn't even flinch - the day could not get much worse so why should I even move/complain. The poor waitress wanted to give me a free meal/or shake but I wasn't even eating. I was going to eat when I got home. I simply told her no thank you and went outside to see if any cars were zooming thru the parking lot to possibly run over my foot or anything remotely close to getting the day worse. I got home safely after that and had a great evening but what a day!
We did have a great Mother's Day. We went to Samuari for lunch (Japanese food) my wife loves the place then home to watch basketball while my wife spent the day "running around town". I watched the movie Closer - holy cow that movie was a lil intense. Not very good and a lot of bad/ dirty language. I mean A LOT! Decent story and Natalie Portman did a good job in it. I think Julia Roberts "mailed it in " with her part. I'm no critic of movies though. Just a simple man who loves red punch splashed oh so gently on the back of my white shirts!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I tried to warn you about that movie!

Kirk Wimberley said...

WOW, I haven't looked at the blogs in almost a week, and I was surprised to see you went so long without blogging! Sorry 'bout the bad day!