CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Time to Relax

I'm in the home stretch to a weekend off!! Fun times everyone fun times. No trips to Dallas this weekend! We do have a few games with our co-ed team but after that nothin! They want me to play in goal for the games - something I swore I would never do after playing for 10 yrs. of my life. I will do it for the team I will not play very well I'm a lil older than I was in College and I'm NOT diving for the ball, but I will try. I don't think we have anything planned outside of that. Well our storage door had fallen off/ the push mower's cord snapped when I pulled it the other day/ and our yard looks like a natural grassland but other than that it should be a work free weekend.
Kelly and I have started to plan our vacation in Hawaii. The options seem to center around the water a lot - who would figure on a tropical island there would be so many water options. I'm going to be serious for a second - I am actually considering getting in the water - inside a cage - and going to look for sharks. This place puts us in a cage at the surface and we can swim to the bottom of the cage and see the sharks swim around us. That would be the ultimate adrenaline rush. Probably to much for me though. I get chills just thinking about it. Something about confronting your fears is cool. I don't know though - it might be to much for my lil heart. I know I'm coming back with an athentic hawaiin shirt - after that its pretty open. Like any good hubby I'll let my wife spend the money as long as I have a few drinks on the beach and she lets have some food I'll be happy. I'm sure she will spend enough money for the both of us. I do want to go see the Arizon monument - I could probably spend a day there.
Oh well I'm ready for the weekend - I act like its a big deal - we are in the last week here and ever student has left for the summer. My weekend has already begun. Oh Yeah I'm also on a 10 month contract so I guess I'm really close to having a lil time off. So maybe its nt the worst job to have right now!

Later

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Want to come help me move into our house this weekend? Since you're free and all...

Josh

Alyssa said...

way to face your fears Jeff! I would be so proud of you if you go in that shark cage. The Osborns came here on vacation last year and the little Osborn boy did that. It is on the North Shore. You also have to add going to Mosimotoes for shave ice to your list. Apparently it is world renown. Adam Sandler is wearing a Mosumoto tshirt in the movie 50 first dates. His pic is up on the wall in there from when he visited. Anyway they are really good! I hope you start booking tickets soon....it is right around the corner. Only a few weeks away!!! Also Kelly said you are really interested in going camping, because you love to eat in the great outdoors. Especially with that trade wind breeze coming in!

Jeff said...

Camping - no big deal...eating outside- bigggg problem. I am really thinking about this shark thing. I think having Kelly go first would be the key - bigger insurance policy.

Kirk Wimberley said...

You're crazy Jeff. Just the other day, one of our brokers was telling me about the time he went "swimming" with the sharks. Well, while he was 50-60 feet below the surface, his oxygen tank stopped working, and his buddy had communication problems...so he had to rise quickly to the surface. Two problems. One, you're supposed to rise slowly or it can be very dangerous. Second problem...as he looks up toward the surface, he sees all of these sharks swimming around above him. Obviously though, if he stays under water, he has no oxygen, so his ONLY option is to rise to the surface and hope he doesn't die. Wow. It was scary listening to the story...Jeff, you would have loved it! Oh well, at least you'll be in a cage. By the way...the sharks left him alone and after he spent some time in the decompression (?) chamber, he was ok.

Alyssa said...

well Jeff at this place they only lower you to right below surface level. I think you actually breath through a snorkle so you do not have to worry about oxygen tanks at all. So don't let Kirk talk you out of it. It's time to face your fears in the face (no matter how many giant teeth they have!)