CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sin Theory

I have always liked the characters or personalities that are thinkers. The "Mr. Spocks" if you will. I have taken many personalitiy tests and have found that I am much more of a thinker and less of a feeler as the years have gone by. I had no problem with this until now. The last couple of years I am getting tired of thinking through every little thing. Its not even decisions just random things jump up and it takes me twenty minutes to make a conclusion. I'm not kidding, I stop shows (I have DVR -like Tvio) and think about what a character has said before moving on. This is no joke my lil friends! Heres my latest adventure!

My Sin Theory
We have a small lil dot inside of us that is sinlessness. Layered around this dot unfortunately is our sin nature. Its born with us and there is nothing we can do about it. This sin nature will not allow us to be perfect. Thats just the way the cookie crumbles. Outside this sin nature are our layers of sin that have become habits. These layers push us further from our inner dot. It could be lust, gluttony, anger, lying, etc. These things are challenges that strike us each differently but are greater for some than others. You name it we will all have a habit that will keep us challenged. How do we handle such challenges? Our obedience and worship to the Lord allows us to continue to strive to get closer to the dot. Its the opposite of something swollen, the harder you push the closer you get. The more you allow the habit of sin to go untouched the more swollen and further you get from the dot of perfection. So our goal is to keep probing the areas that are affected by sin and work down toward the point of perfection. We will never get there but the less we try the further we will get (from the Lord). I'll take the trying over the allowing the sin to keep me from My Lord. Feeler's feel free to read this a couple times!

Later

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Good grief, Jeff...that was a lot for my brain to swallow at 9 am! I'm definitely a 'feeler', so thanks for giving my brain some exercise:>)