CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

You're A Joke

Thursday November 3 -
12:43pm - "You're a joke Sir" - Jeff
12:34pm - "Keep your mouth shut coach" (displays a yellow card) - Ref.
1:02pm - "that was a hand ball, C'mon sir" - Jeff
1:03 - "I'm warning you coach" - Ref.
1:05pm - "Was that a hand ball?" (said sarcastically) - Ref.
1:05pm - "Shut up!" - Jeff
1:05pm - "Thats it!" (red card displayed) - Ref
1:05pm - 3:05pm - I watch the game from the hill overlooking the field
Ahhh yes, my lil pretties, the joys of getting kicked out of your first soccer game as a coach (in the Conference Quarter-finals)! Basically, I called the Ref. a joke, got a warning (yellow card) then after he thought he was funny, by being sarcastic with me, I lost a lil control and told him to shut up. So my assistant takes over and I go to the showers. My team won in a shoot out (penalty kicks) but in soccer a red card carries a game suspension for the game after the game you receive it in. So I miss the semi final game against our rivals the next day (West Texas). Now soccer is not like football or basketball where the coach makes a lot of game time decisions but we do substitute and change the way we play at times during the game. My poor assistants had to get my team through a penalty shoot out (pick the five shooters). The next day the girls stepped up and played incredible! We won in the first overtime and went to the Conference finals for the first time since 1999. We did lose in the finals 1-0 but it was an awesome game and weekend. A lot of drama and nerves, I couldn't watch the shoot out (in the quarter finals) so I stayed in the gym til I heard cheering and looked out to see us win! I did see the game winner in the semis and that was the best I have felt all year. I came back onto the field and got mobbed by my girls. Even though we lost in the finals it was a great way to end a weird year!

Later

2 comments:

Kirk Wimberley said...

What an idiot (ref). I don't think I would have been able to control myself if the ref provoked me and then red-carded me. What happens if you pull a ref's underwear up so far he wears the elastic as a head band? Is that still just a red card?

Josh said...

Jeff,

Thanks for the update. Congratulations on a great season. Wish I could have seen the game.

Josh