CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Boredom

Imagine that - I'm blogging again. This is what happens when I have nothing to do for the next 40 weeks. I hate the finality of the finality. I know the season is over but to know the season is over a week later is just as hard. Ahhh but its time to finish up recruiting! This is almost as stressful as coaching a game. I have probably 100 girls that have written me (at least) now they have written 20 other coaches so don't be impressed. Out of the 100 we are talking to probably 20 and trying to keep talking with them on a weekly basis is no easy task. The next step is to evaluate them and figure out how to use the scholarship money that we have to get these girls in. Trying to not over pay or insulte them with our offer is a fiasco also. The joys of coaching!
I am loving the first season of LOST! The show is brillant! Almost done with it and we have TIVO'd the entire second season thus far so I will be up to speed in a week or so!
Presently I am having the end of the season individual meetings with all the girls. Brutal honesty is a crazy thing! Its hard investing in these girls and trusting them and then telling some of them that we will be moving on without them. But we were...wait for it...9-9 this year - the ship is sailing my lil players!!

Later

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Even I am in shock the season is over - no more games to go to? How boring! But we are glad you are back to having a more flexible schedule!! :)

Kirk Wimberley said...

It seems like just yesterday your season was beginning....but now that you have so much free time, maybe you'll do better in fantasy football. Not this week though - I will kill you!