CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Recruiting Times

How was all of ya'll's Thanksgivings?? I spent the Holiday in Dallas recruiting from Thursday night until Sunday afternoon. It was fun though there was a lot of talent, this year! Tooo much talent. I don't have a ton of scholarship money available, unless I take some from my current players. So you know the decision that has to be made. I have to make the Jedi-like decision to either go after some players that look good in these club games or stick with my current ones. This year will be more of the go after thing (we were 9-9-2) because we need to get better. Fun times at band camp for some of my girls.

Yesterday we set up for Christmas. I was like Clark (Sparky) Griswald hanging those lights. I'm here today by the Grace of God and a capable if not wobbly ladder. I love this time of year! My wife somehow has purchased 3 CD's of crap Christmas music Randy Travis singing Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, stuff like that. Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole maybe even a lil Dean Martin is a little more of my flavor.

O.K. kiddo's whats your favorite Christmas song and who sings it? Me? you ask, well mine is ....White Christmas by Nat King Cole. Nothing better

Later

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I could never do your job. Besides the fact that I know nothing about soccer, I would hate to take away someones scholarship money. How do you do that? Oh, by the way, I found someone better to give your scholarship money too!!

Kirk Wimberley said...

*Harry Connick, Jr. - (It Must Have Been Ol') Santa Claus
*Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Carol of the Bells
*Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You

Amy said...

I can never narrow down a favorite, but I LOVE Nat King Cole, so I'm with you on that.

Josh said...

Oh Holy Night. Hands down. The line that says, "Fall on your knees" gives me chills every time -- even as I write this.

Josh