CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Soccer Fun

We had a soccer tournament this weekend with my 14 yr. old girls team. These girls qualified for one of the highest leagues in Texas this summer. We had a great weekend of qualifying in August probably playing out of our minds. Well it came back to kick us hard! We lost every game this Fall in this league. I as only at 75% of the games because of MSU which only added to our distress. So before we start the Spring portion of our league we went to a tournament. My sister is here so my wife went with us. We ended up playing three games the first day (Sat.) Noon, 5pm, 9:30pm. We won two and tied one, so we had the chance to play in the Semi-final game the next morning at 9:00a.m. We won that game so we were in the finals against a team we had beaten 4-0 the day before. We could not score, my friends, and they scored - so in the spirit of sports we lost 1-0. This result really hurt but we had a very productive weekend and the girls had a lot of fun (Jeff included).
Well tomorrow I get the opportunity to speak in front of our youth group. I really am excited but am worried about the ole freeze up. I love teaching my Soph. boys because there is interaction but the Wed. night gig is just a speaker and the group listening. Troublesome! I know I will do fine and its not going to be too bad but I want to do great not good. I'll just go prepared and Pray, please pray for me!

Later

1 comments:

Kelly said...

You were awesome tonight honey! You are a natural at that - I would have been scared out of my mind.

I was so proud watching you up there.