CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 01, 2008

Wednesday night Lost

How is all the great people of the blog world doing today? Yesterday was my favorite type of day. It was cold, I could make a fire in our fireplace, nothing was going on and I got to be at home after work all night!! Its a simple thing but the three boys, two jobs and celebrity life style we live doesn't allow for many nights of calm. I am kidding about the celebrity life style for those of you who can't recognize sarcasm.
Wednesday night I had the chance to speak at our youth group. I talked about Leadership and how it manifests itself within our Christian lives. I won't bore you with the details of the lesson. Its a wild thing (speaking in public) for me. I get really anxious leading up to the day of the talk - kinda like having to wait all day to tell your dad you got in trouble at school. Then when the day comes I seem to relax until the actual hour before. This was no exception. I truly wanted to exit stage left about five minutes before I went up there. I could have done it to but I'm not as quick as I used to be and with my wit, talking my way out of it would not have been a successful option. So I waited and decided to give it a go. I did get to wear a head set type microphone which was cool. I used the church's power point which was fun and challenging. It was a multimedia festival for me! After talking for about twenty minutes I showed the music video of Casting Crowns song Does anybody hear her. It deals with a teenage girl who struggles in life and makes some poor decisions. It challenges others to focase outside of themselves and look for opportunities to reach out. Anyway, it fit well in my lesson. Once I was done I felt really good (about being done) but also felt like I was terrible up there. My wife watched the entire thing and was positive about how it went. Anyone who knows Mrs. Kelly Trimble knows that she will speak the truth about what she saw and not sugar coat things. Thats what I love about her - especially when its positive about me! The more I think about it I feel good especially for my first time in front of the group. We have an amazing youth group with great interns and leaders. These kids are great to be around and I love that I get to help out.
Lost last night was great. I really can't wait for this season to play out. I'm going to have to watch the whole thing all over again once this series is over just to keep up on all the storylines. Every episode Kelly says "don't you remember when.." and I suddenly remeber when...

Later

0 comments: