CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Adventures

Where do I start? We went to see Casting Crowns on Thursday night. This is the second time we have seen them. It was a different experience. The first was two summers ago and it was their Lifesong tour. This was their second album. It was a smaller venue and really was an awesome experience. They told different stories behind some of their popular songs and it really made it real.
This time it was a much larger venue (good for them) and they are on The Altar and the Door tour. I really enjoyed this also but in a different way. Seeing their work in the mission field (they showed a video) touched me. They also did a neat thing with the group near the end, they all praying for us. I liked the big screen with the words to the songs - more of a praise and worship atmosphere.
Its neat to see a group grow and develop their shows. I went through the same thing with Michael W. Smith. I had the chance to see his first tour (not giving the date) and also see him probably 5 times since and the shows are always different and great.
I realllllyy recommend a Casting Crowns show for any age! I also had the chance to get Lifestories a book written by Mark Hall (CC'S) lead singer and it gives the background and scripture behing everyone of their songs. It has a section for notes and great questions at the end of every chapter. Love it!
So the baby then Kel then both boys all had the flu. Well it came knocking and for some odd reason I opened the door on Saturday night. I hate throwing up. I realize everyone does but that doesn't make me want to complain any less!! I'm over it and alive but it was not another fun Saturday night in America for me!
Today is a disaster - ever have a day where one thing goes wrong and then you forget about something, then try to fix it and wreak something else. Well that all occurred in about one hour this morning, the first hour of the work day. I won't go into details but if I don't reschedule something then my wife will be very upset! If I do reschedule then my boss (A.D.) will be frustrated. #$%^& thats not me cussing its me hitting the keyboards as hard as I can!
Later

0 comments: