CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Cowboys

Here we are again on the day after a dissapointing loss! The Cowboys are the first team in 28 years to be a number one seeded NFC team and not win the divisional playoff game.
Here is why,

1. Too many penaltys
2. No running game in the second half.
3. Patrick Crayton's inability to catch a pass that would have gone for huge yards.
4. N.Y.'s drive at the end of the first half - the whole field in 48 seconds.
5. Good defense when a great defense was required!
6. Romo's inability to throw the ball away when outside the pocket.
I'll be honest it really is depressing to lose this way and at home of all things.

I did have a good night though. I love the show Amazing Race and last night was a fun episode. I also taped the new mini series Comanche Moon on CBS. This was a book written by Larry McMurtry about the lives of Woodrow Call and Gus McCray (Lonesome Dove). It leads up to where Lonesome Dove started. I really think the actors do a great job of mimicking what Tommy Lee Jones and Robert Duvall established for these characters. They had their voices down and did a great job with the non verbal acting. I have read the book and it really is going to be a great story watch. I really enjoyed the first of three parts.

Later

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree. What a disappointing game. I ahve to admit I lost hope when Romo lost his poise. Kirk and I call the Mannings the "whinning quarterbacks" and there for a second I thought of Peyton when it showed Romo losing it. I also watched Comanche Moon and thought it was good. I haven't read the books or even seen Lonesome Dove But I enjoyed it. We were definately hoping for a Packer/Cowboy game next week but at least now the Packers get to play at home. Did you see that game? The snow was awesome!!!

Jennifer said...

What I love about Favre and Romo is they enjoy the game. They have fun whether they win or lose. I feel really bad for all the trash Romo will get about last nigts game. It sucks that he will live another 9 months with this game hanging over his head and the whole rest of the season(and all his hard work) forgotten.

Kirk Wimberley said...

One thing you forgot to mention was the Cowboys' offensive line...oh wait a minute...they didn't have one. GO PACK GO!

Anonymous said...

Are you happy for your sister? No, No - not about the boyfriend. About the Packers????

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

GO PACK GO!!!

Come on don't be so upset Brett! I know you wanted a chance to put the smack down on the cowgirls after last times match up. But look at it this way... they knew they had no chance against you! Not this go around anyway! So they thought they'd go out on top beating you during the season and "feeling good" about it rather than go out crying from the playoffs against #1!!!!

GO PACK GO!!!