CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Day One

If you have not read my wife's blog then you don't know that we are both starting the Sacred Heart Diet. This is one of those diets that we can eat all the cabbage, carrot, onion, jalapeno', red pepper, tomato combination soup. I can eat all I want allll day. This doesn't sound too bad but this will be my staple for the next week. Each day I'm allowed something else - today was fruit day. Tomorrow is Veggie day with one potato allowed. Then Monday is combo - veggie and fruit (no potato). Tuesday will be Bananas and skim milk day (awful)! Wednesday is beef day and Thursday is beef and veggie day. We will then finish it all up with brown rice day on Friday! Now this is one week without: eggs, bacon, mashed potatoes, fried food, any alcohol, sweet tea! We are supposed to lose between 10-17 pounds. Now I know as well as anyone that we may lose this weight but we will get some/all of it back. I still want the chance to keep most of it off (I really only want to lose 5 more pounds anyway) and I want to challenge myself and see if I can do this!
Today was an adventure. It really shakes up my routine. I'm not big into fruit so this a challenging day. I had only three (big) bowls of soup and it was filling for a little bit. The problem was seeing the kids eat pizza, or knowing I couldn't walk in a simply grab some chips. This will be a very challenging week - more for my mind and less for the body! I will sit here drinking my black coffee and dream of the one baked potato that I will be allowed tomorrow night and cry a lil tear of anticipation.

Later

0 comments: