CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How Many Days??

Well heres the situation - just dropped my wife and youngest off at the airport. They will be gone for a week, my first instinct - cool - I can handle this. Heres where I would insert numorous jokes about how I think I can do it but deep down theres no way. I'm going to have a tough time - not because I can't do it - I can - but I already miss them. Now's when all the guys roll their eyes but seriously from a love stand point and a need stand point, I will miss them. Driving home from Dallas I realized that I felt sad, I guess I obviously take for granted that Kel and Owen will always be around me. Its quite disturbing having them away. I'm the one that usually has a game or a trip out of state not Kelly. I really think I have the boys covered here, I am actually looking forward to the challenge of being the sole care giver for a week. I just know in the back of my mind how much more covered our schedule would be if Kel was here and how much more secure us three would feel. I just know I'll miss ya Kel and love ya, the one good thing is it gets me out of a lot of soccer practices - can't stay serious the whole time!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I totally relate. I'm always the one who leaves for trips, but when Amy does, I feel LOST. Good luck.

Josh

Kelly said...

Ahh... you made me cry - how sweet! I miss you too - already!

Jennifer said...

I want to go on a trip so my husband can get all gooey about me. I love your honesy. You will do great and the time will fly by.