CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 22, 2006

Beautiful

Well I just got home from Rob's house and discovered something I should have realized a long time ago. My Sister is beautiful. I have talked about my Mom and Dad. I have always talked about my kids. I have even been smart enough to talk about how much I love my Wife.
I really have never discussed my Sister. Lisa Kay was born like everyone else but the Lord gave her the challenge, at the age of two, of a lil thing we call Spinal Meningitis which affected our lives a little bit in the Trimble household. You see my Sister lost 90% of her hearing and speech. The added bonus was she was very stuborn/headstrong. I was, in reality, the "Angel", of the house because I rolled with the punches. When Lisa went to Therapy for her hearing I sat and read books. While Lisa struggled to obey my parents - I simply obeyed. Ohh but wait my time was coming - Lisa was building a relationship with God that only a girl with patience and wisdom could achieve. I simply was buying time - I got to high school and beyond while my Sis was making her life Christ like, I was living my life to my own needs. It carried through College and to today. You see, I know that Lisa doesn't understand how much I admire her. I value life with material, family and priorities that serve God but may not sacrifice for God. My Sis is a Missionary for God. She started in high school and college, always taking trips to help give Gods word to others. I started to work on soccer and have a time that served me and sometimes help my family. She went to Spain and Brazil while I went to Indiana and Texas and built my resources for my family. Hey my trips weren't all self serving - I did some good but was I searching for God? Who really is to judge, all I know is my heart, and it has been touched. I need to tell my Sister that I love you Lisa and I am so proud of what you do. I strive to affect others lives like you do everyday and I envy what you have accomplished.
There you go simple and true.

Later

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

wow sounds like a wonderful women. You just had to write this during the week when I have been sad because I don't have a sister. Now you make me want one even more. Seeing as my mom is post medapause I guess I am out of luck. At least I have some great sisters in Christ!