CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Here we go!

Well we are officially a family of five. Different very different. I won't go on and on about me son. I'm positive me talking or not talking about him will validate my love or proves my lack of love for Owen. I love him but I'm also smart enough to understand alot of you have children and know that its an awesome feeling and yet a feeling hard to describe. Kel is feeling well and other than my little schedule being totally disrupted its Disneyland around here.
I am reading the book Why my wife thinks I'm an idiot..The life and times of a Sportscaster Dad. Its by Mike Greenberg one of the hosts of Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN radio. The number one sports talk show on the radio. Mike is also an anchor of Sportscenter. He is a Metrosexual, upper class raised, father of two, and hubby of a business women wife. His partner is an ex football player Mike Golic. Its brillant radio and the radio cast is also shown on ESPN 2 from 5am til 9am. With TIVO I walk in every morning from working out and turn it on then pause it. I get the guys their breakfast and help Kel get them ready then come back and play from where I paused - brillance! Anyway back to the book. Its basically his journal entries from the last 5 years with going through two kids being born and all the changes that brings about. I can so identify with what he says it really strikes me as funny. As you can tell by the title his premise is basically that every wife on some level thinks of their hubbys as idiots. I personally am o.k. with this. I believe my wife respects me on some level but I also understand when I call her from the airport telling her to tape a sports show and get home and she forgot (because she was pregnant and taking care of two boys) and I act like she slapped me in the face when she tells me she forgot...I'm an idiot. Perhaps when I spend four hours (watching football) at home while shes running errands and the house looks like a hurricane hit ... I could be considered an idiot. How about when I come home from work an my wife tells me shes not feeling well and before she has a chance to finish the sentence I ask her "whats for dinner" ... maybe an idiot. The best was two minutes ago as she is nursing and I'm blogging, the phone rings and I tell her its her mom (sa ing it like "its not for me") .... could be an idiot. The book just makes me laugh.
I will continue to read it and hopefully get up and check on my wife and new born every once in a while the rest of the afternoon. I hope Kelly starts supper soon!

Later

0 comments: