CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 27, 2006

Remember

As I get closer to my third boy's birth, I start to remember what my past was like. Not my boy's past but when I grew up! I have to tell you it was awesome!! I was a big brother, I kept my sis from getting in more trouble than she already had (which was a lot). I laid in the hallway while my mom watched Dallas on a Friday night. I fought my nap at 3pm in the afternoon cause I knew I didn't need it. I hated a drive on Saturday morning because I was going to miss cartoons. I was scared of fireworks on the forth of July. I was mad at Dad for calling me out at first (when he volunteered to be the umpire). My Dad took me for a banana split after I scored my first touchdown. My Mom and I talked twenty times on the way home from church (after her choir practice) about girls and life. I love the fact that I have these memories and I could go on and on. I really want everyone to know that my parents are the best!! I mean that they were so cool. I have a cool sis who got in sooo much trouble growing up that I dodged all of it. Now I'm the black sheep but she deserves the break.My Dad and Mom have no clue how great they were. Mom was my rock in the beginning and Dad helped me out until now ---- they think thats the what I think - - -but they are BOTH very important all the time. I want to tell you both I love you and I'm ready to be a great Father for Owen because of you!!Later

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Very sweet! Your soft side no longer suprises me. It is out! You are just a sweet guy with a big heart that you sometimes wear on your sleeve. Your parents sound great!

Anonymous said...

Thank you son! I miss our talks...always felt bad because you were shared so much. Thanks goodness for Aunt Cindy. You have made us very very proud and I know that grandpa would be so proud of you. You are a wonderful husband and father of two (about to be three) handsome boys. God will continue His blessings on you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom is right! You are a great husband and father and grandpa would be proud of you! I'm so thankful for the parents God has given us. I know it wasn't easy for them (I was the cause 99% of the time) but I know they wouldn't change anything when seeing you what you have become. Love you, bro,
Weggie