CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Survivng Valentine's Day

Heres my well documented challenge - my wife isnt really that big on V-day. I tend to be supportive of any day designed to get me a gift. So we are coming to yesterday with two seperate agendas. I'm not all about me receiving gifts I really like to give them but that leads to my first statement "my wife doesn't want to receive them". So this always is problematic as we leave Christmas and head towards V-day. Last year I got ahead of the game and gave her a present on the day or two ahead of V-day and it was cute and things were good. This year I woke up on the 14th without a clue of what to do. Kel had to sub and the boys were in school. Well Its been well documented that my wife is a borderline clean freak and this kitchen floor has been killing her with its potential to be a lot cleaner. So I come back from dropping the kids off and see the Magic Eraser box that helps get the dirt out on ceramic floors. Well a light bulb turns on and I decide to go buy 8 boxes and clean her floor. Well to make a long story short my two hour estimated project turns into three and the bleach from these things is still burning my hands but the floor is clean. Kelly was very happy and I dodged another V-day without disapointing my wife. I also received a cool gift - A webkinz lion named Cherokee. Basically this is a beanie baby with a code that allows me to go to a website and adopt this lil guy then I take care of it. Kelly has bought these for the boys in the past and she got me one. I get to design its room and feed it etc. etc. My girls at MSU are making fun of me but its something my boys and I can do and they have a blast showing how I can care for this thing and buy stuff for it. If I forget to feed or play with it then it will become unhappy and unhealthy. It can be a stressful deal - the boys may have a problem if I killed my pet lion.

Later

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Ok Kelly might be the only girl I know who does not want presents...and lots of them! However what a creative idea to get around it....I am very impressed. You did good grasshopper! So Jeff now plays with stuffed animals, I did not know that Jeff Tremble had some many layers to peel back and reveal, but you keep on surprising me with your soft side!

Jeff said...

heres another surprise - its TrImble - haha - I love stuffed animals - and I've checked the rules - I get to keep my "guy card". We are allowed about two feeling oriented revelations every five yrs.

Alyssa said...

Trimble, I knew that I was working on 5 hours sleep that day and you know I need at least 9. I would have to look back and research but I am pretty sure you have had at least 4 this year alone. SO we might have to put you on man card probation.