CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Super? Bowl

I watched the Super Bowl on Sunday night because I love football. The commercials are great sometimes the halftime show is good buttt I love the game. Well this year the game was sloppy, officiating bad, half time show awful and commercials sub par. Here's my ratings out of four stars.

Commercials - Loved the Budweiser ones - especially the lil clydsdale one. I had a big problem with the godzilla robot one. That's just a dumb concept and weird. The monkey ones for career builder.com was good - loved the monkey burning cash. I also liked the fedex one with the caveman getting stomped. Still a lot of commercials and only liked about four. Two Stars

Game - A couple fun (big) plays by Pittsburgh and a rather good game moving the ball by Seattle. If Jeremy Stevens, for Seattle, could catch a ball it would have been much much better. One memorable play that will go down in the history of the Super Bowl and a turnover that almost changed the game made this a decent game. Two Stars

Officiating - Whatever momentum was given to the enjoyment of the game (by the big plays) the officiating took away. It truly wasn't just that there was some missed calls. The missed calls killed some big plays by Seattle. In fact they only affected Seattle's big plays. The holding call was flat out ridiculous as was the personal foul blocking penalty on Hasselbeck. The offensive pass interference call was bad but not terrible. The touchdown call on Big Ben was terrible from the linemen's standpoint. There is no way he saw that play completely and should have initially called it a touchdown!! One star

Halftime - Are you kidding me?? Are you kidding me? Rolling Stones live sounds great but they looked old - because they are - and the sound was terrible. Mick tried to sell it and for that - One Star

I have been watching Into the West the mini series that was produced by Dreamworks and Steven Spielberg. Its flat out awesome!! Each disc is four hours and there's four discs. I'm only half way through disc two. I love westerns and the whole Indian/Settler story line. Acting great and story great, scenery awesome!!

I was watching my Into the West last night and looked over and Evan was eating his snack. Kelly was gone and Alec was in the shower. It was great he was just sitting there looking at the cereal box like he was reading it and eating. I think that's one of the things that is so hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand what this parent thing is all about. Every once in a while I just love watching the boys and wonder what's going through there minds. I could care less about what goes through anyone else's mind but its great to watch my kids. The love for the boys is beyond belief and its so hard to explain. You have to wonder what God thinks as he watches us. O.K. getting a little to deep but at least I was able to blog about something other than just the "Super Bowl".

Later

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the Super Bowl and I only watched the trophy presentation! Ha!

I know what you mean about the kids - it's fun to wonder what their little minds are thinking!

Kirk Wimberley said...

Wait a minute...through all of your whining about the game, did I pick up on you saying Big Ben's rushing TD should not have been called a TD? If that's what you are saying, you are blind my friend. The ball CLEARLY crossed the white line on his way down, if only for a brief second. As for any bad calls or missed calls...you should know by now, that's just part of the game. I think you Seattle fans should focus more on your silly kicker than bad calls because you had some help from the ref at times too. :) Not that you wanted my opinion or anything. I agree the halftime show was subpar, but I wasn't embarassed like I was with Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake/Kid Rock (I'm not even talking about the warddrobe malfunction). At least Rolling Stones SOUNDS somewhat respectable, even though the performance was kinda weird. My favorite commercial was the shaved lamb "streaker". HA!!

Alyssa said...

well at least you got to watch the super bowl. Visit my blog sometime in the near future to find out why I threw a super bowl party but was unable to attend! Crazy!

Jennifer said...

I liked the streaker and baby horse budweiser commercials. I also laughed at the magic fridge. The game was OK but not up to the title SUPER BOWL.

Jeff said...

Poor Poor Kirk - apparently you didn't see Big Ben on Letterman when even he admitted he didn't get in!!

Kirk Wimberley said...

Poor poor gullible Jeff. Ben must have just been being humble. You see, there's a little thing called TIVO that lets you pause live TV...you can even advance frame-by-frame...which would allow you to see the ball cross the goal line. It was close, but there is no question that it was a TD.