CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 15, 2005

What you Doing?

We have been home for about twelve hours and I already miss that question. Corben (Ben and Alyssa's two year old boy) asked me that question for six days straight and I never got tired of it! What you doing?/what's Happening? Hearing him pronounce certain words was pure and simple comedy also. Of course he's probably blogging now about the strange guy who talked to him non stop! I would also like to give a shout out to Addison and Camryn (the Turner girls) for a wonderful time!! Addison actually broke the news that I was going to be a father of a third child to me. She came down stairs and says "Jeff, Kelly has a baby in her stomach". It was great - it didn't spoil it at all, on the contrary, it made the announcement a great story!! I haven't been around little girls a lot and having to sit and watch a tap dancing show or watch as they change into their princess outfits then to ballerina's in a total of three minutes is pretty amazing - especially when I was trying to watch NASCAR. I can't tell everyone how much fun we had in Hawaii and the scenery and events were only the half of it! I actually have to say a nice thing about Alyssa here, so bear with me!! Ben and Alyssa were awesome to hang out with. Alyssa said it best before we left. I think we all were a little like "this could be fun or it could be a little uncomfy" but it was awesome. Besides the fact that Ben and I got shutout when we went deep sea fishing and lost to two inferior opponents on Game night - cheaters! Their friendship and hospitality made the trip what it was - a trip to remember!!
No, my faithful readers, I did not go down into the cage to meet the sharks! It got cancelled because the ocean was to rough and all I needed was a big wave throwing a shark in the tank with me! I did boogie board and came back alive but it was a scary first half an hour!! We saw dolphins when we went deep sea fishing - I was convinced they were great whites until they jumped out of the water - tricky dolphins! By the way, Ben's restaurant that Alyssa makes him "slave away at" is pretty amazing. I know it gets old for him but its on the water and has great live music - I'm sure its not fun waiting on people all the time but its no McDonalds!
Anyways once again we had a blast and we can't thank the Turners enough. Addison - tell your mom you can have all the deserts at 9 a.m. you want. Camryn - thanks for the example of what I have to look forward to, if I have a young tap dancing/princess of a girl that's cool and cute!! Corben - What you doing right now??

Later

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I don't know what to say, I am laughing so hard. I love the part about the tap dancing slash nascar watching. You might become a proffessional at that in the near future. All I can say is this new addition to your family is going to be sooo lucky to have such great parents. We had such a blast having you guys around. I know Kelly is usually the one sending out applications behind your back but I think I might be throwing your name out to the soccor coaches in Hawaii, and see if we can be neighbors! I am looking forward to your next visit! We MISS ya! Our house just does not feel the same with out you guys. On the plus side you did leave with all limbs attached, and that is a good thing. Oh by the way the kids all say Hi and Corben is wondering what you doing? What happening? The one thing I will not miss is having to put nascar on tivo. As hard as you tried to convince us I am still not sold on watch a bunch of cars circle around a track. Aloha, have a safe trip back to Texas!

Jeff said...

O.k. consider this about NASCAR! You have to do this for me. Watch at least a few minutes of a race and pick - the cutest car or the cutest driver maybe you will be a fan in some way, shape or form!!

Anonymous said...

What is soccor?

Jeff said...

Well Ben, soccor..unlike soccer, is a sport of Kings the whole thing goes back to the Middle Ages...your wife obviously knew the rich heritage that the sport enjoys. Your a lucky guy, Ben Turner. I only wish I coached Hockie..right Alyssa?

Alyssa said...

poke fun if you will! I cannot help that I am spell challanged. Is there some kind of pill I can take to fix that? Hmm no? Well I guess I will just have to drink beer then....cheers!

Lucy Stern said...

Sounds like you had a great time and good hosts.