CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 04, 2006

Relief Pitching

I have been wanting to blog lately but with the tragedy I really haven't been very jovial. I'm not even really sure if tragedy is the word - I just know Troy was a great person to get to know and I respected him for what he did and who he was, the amount of time that I got to spend with him here in Wichita Falls.

This brings me to my new challenge... being the real Mr. Mom for three days. My wife is going to fly out to Arizona for Troy's Memorial service. I know what your thinking "well My husband or (if your a guy)", "well I watch the kids when my wife's gone a lot." First things first
1. No backup relatives within 1,000 mile!
2. 9 year old, 6 year old, and wait for it... 8 month old.
3. Owen has the talent to crawl and whine that he wants to be held.. did I say whine.. I mean CRY. So hes mobile enough to track me down while crying. You can't buy that talent!
I just looked up at my calender on the wall in my office and its still on October! - Sorry ADHD moment.
4. I'm more of a relief pitcher - not starter when it comes to watching the kids. I'm not sure my arm can get through the long innings!

I will try to keep everyone on track as far as how the days go. I should journal these three days and write a book entitled "How to break your husband mentally and physically". I am kidding I actually am looking forward to it - kinda.

Things have been going well for me. I think we have the best recruiting class we have had here in twelve years. I am excited about that. We'll see how that translates into wins. Haven't been sick yet this year and have had a couple pretty uneventful weeks so Life is good right now. I'll keep you updated on the next few days!

Later

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

Good luck this week! I kow you will do a great job. You might need a few days in a mental intitution when she gets back but hey don't we all! When you get to the end of the day and just want to pull your hair out just remember how lucky you are to be here to do it. That is one thing we can all take home in lue of the recent tradgedy.