CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ohio time

My wife has updated everyone on our trip so far. I wanted to back Kirk up on the impact that I received at the Casting Crowns concert. It was so much more than a concert. It truly was a time of praise and worship. The songs were awesome of course, the real fun was hearing their purpose and vision for what the groups ministry really was. I really relate to people that know themselves and do not take themselves to seriously. They told stories about the teens in their youth group and showed the meaning behind their songs. I love that - I really like hearing the behind the scenes stuff. The story behind I'll praise you in this storm was mind blowing. I won't tell it all but basically the song is a testiment to a mom whos daughter was dying and she was in contact with the group and would send them letters about her child's health. Her testimony was how she was still praising God even though her daughter was dying. I thought the song dealt with us as Christians waiting for God to deliver us into Heaven. I was a tad off - first time ever. If you hear the song now it has even more meaning and impact knowing the Faith this Mother showed. I really enjoyed and was touched by the concert.
I'm going to switch gears a little now - what in the world are the Cincinnati Reds doing. They need about four new relief pitchers!! They have blown four games now when they had leads and the starter left the game - very frustrating!! They just traded for one relief pitcher and that should help, I only hope its not to late!!
We leave today to go to my parents but have had a great week at my inlaws. I appreciate all the stuff Grammy and Grampy do for my boys and the Love they show our whole family! Its been a while since I have been able to get away from Texas (not counting London and Hawaii) and truly be relaxed. I usually am calling back to the club I work for or the school and deal with problems. I look forward to next week at my parents and by the end of that week I should have my battery recharged to go forward to next season with MSU. I know I have one of the easiest jobs in the world but the months of Aug. - Nov. really drain me and the success of my season truly dictates how the rest of the months go. Point is - its nice to be able to relax here and be ready for the season. Going to Chicagoland tomorrow and CANNOT wait for the race. My Fahter in law got my ready by taking me to the dirt tracks here in Lima to watch the races last night. They were brillant! I'll talk more on that later - sorry Alyssa I know you can't wait to hear more on that and my NASCAR adventure tomorrow!!

Later

1 comments:

Kirk Wimberley said...

I'm glad you were impacted by the concert in a meaningful way. Casting Crowns is such a "real" ministry. Now you understand what I was talking about - it;s one of things you really do just have to experience to fully appreciate. It's incredible!
As for the race, I think Kenseth was blocking and Gordon had every right to spin him out...do you? I don't like Gordon, but I can't really blame him for putting Kenseth in the dirt.
Maybe while you're on vacation relaxing, you can research some good ideas on a keeper league!