CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Show time!

How is all the people in blog land? It was pointed out that my last blog was on the boring and unoriginal side. I will not give the name of my critic but she also pointed out a number of grammatical and spelling errors. They do say that when life (wife) gives you lemons... make lemonade! I therefore will put my best foot forward and try to be better at my blogging in the future.
I have to admit I am really getting into this rent or buy a season of a show and watch it at my own leisure. Leisure would be a terrible word to represent my addiction to any show that I have the whole season. I tend to try to watch all (whatever number) shows in one or two nights. I'm getting up early everyday to workout or I'm quite sure I would stay up most the night to accomplish this goal. My new addiction is Rescue Me a firefighting show starring Denis Leary (Kelly, his name is really spelled with just one n). Its a great show and starts out about 6months after 9/11 with their crew that has lost three of their own to tower two. One of the firefighters lost was Leary's cousin and best friend. The first season deals with his marriage (falling apart), his state of mind (falling apart), his battle with alcohol (falling apart) and basically his life (falling apart). The show is really original and very well written. I know it sounds depressing but it has a good comedic and lighter side to it also. So I'm now half way through season two. I have decided to take this time to list my favs on the seasonal watching of shows of the past few years. I will not however rank the shows seasons - just the shows and how they stack up against one another.

1. Sopranos - just can't beat the acting, writing and idea for the story - I could go on all day but will stop.
2. Deadwood - Combine a western theme and the best written show on television (David Milch)
3. Lost (Season 1 is the only one I saw on DVD - the rest on t.v. and its killing me to wait each week.) Never could wrap my mind around what the next stop in the storyline would be. I loved the premise also.
4. Rescue Me - See above!
5. 24 - (the first five seasons on DVD) the best to watch 24 is on DVD . This waiting between episodes kills the drama for me.
6. Nip/Tuck - Great acting and great idea for a show! Learn to love the characters!
7. X-Files - only bad thing was really only two characters to get invested in but still a great, creative show.
8. The Shield - NYPD with more action and gotta love Michael Chiklis.
9. Alias - Great first three seasons then it died like my dreams of playing in the NHL.
10. Weeds - They get the most out of a creative yet odd premise.

Later

0 comments: