CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 05, 2007

Entry for my Blog

I have the worst time trying to figure out what to title these entries. Anyway, what a great Super Bowl!!! I'm so happy for the Colts. Tony Dungy (their coach) is such a class act. I love the way he wasts no time giving the praise to God. Their owner Jim Irsay even gave God a bunch of shout outs. It was great to see Peyton get the monkey off his back with this win. I, of course, went over to Rob's to watch the game. I'm not a real big fan of the Super Bowl party. I don't need a bunch of people having a great time and talking/laughing when I'm trying to watch the game. It cheapens the experience. Sounds a tad psycho but thats how my lil brain works.
I really wasn't big on the commercials this year - a little disappointed. I liked the Oprah and Dave one and the snickers commercial was clever also. My fav was probably the "slapping as a form of saying hello" one.
Alec just told Kelly and me that he was worried because sometime he wonders if our religion is the right one. He reads a lot and I think he has read about other people believing other things and wonders if he has the right one. We told him its o.k. to wonder about that and it doesnt make him bad for doing so. We talked about faith and the historical accuracies of the Bible. Hes big into history. I have to admit though it really caught me off guard. I'm going to have to brush up on my night time logic and not turn my brain off so early because it took me forever to think through it. We plan on revisiting the issue tomorrow.
We did have a good weekend and now I have to get through another 200 days without football! Thats o.k. though because we have a little thing I like to call NASCAR starting on the 18th.
I'm starting to feel the pressure of Valentines Day coming up. I hate this holiday. I'm quite possibly one of the worst gift buyers. Kelly doesn't really want much so it stresses me out a lot. I have an idea of what I'm going to get her its just a matter of purchasing it. I truly don't like the dumb day!

Later

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We don't like the whole Super Bowl party either. We want to watch every second of the game and the commercials (which were a big disappointment this year). Thank goodness for tivo so we could pause the game when our herd had to interrupt us. The half time show was a big let down, at least the Colts won. Whatever will we do for 200 days WITHOUT FOOTBALL! AAHHH

Kirk Wimberley said...

I'm with you on being happy for Dungy, but Peyton has to go. He is absolutely the biggest whiner since Ricky Watters. EVERY SINGLE TIME the camera is on him he's complaining and whining about something. Makes him look like a big baby. I don't care much for him, so I hope this is his last Super Bowl. Favre and the Packers will win next year! :)
The commercials were weak...my fav was the Fedex ground with Ilene and Bob and Mr. Turkeyneck.
Alec is a smart dude!
How do you think the new Toyota cars will change NASCAR? I'm ready for that to begin. As for v-day, ya know, you could scrub the kitchen floor or something.