CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 23, 2007

Alive

I just got back from Nashville, Tennessee! As one of the students I took there proclaimed - "Nashville's known for music". My smartalec self had to point out the name of Nashville is "Music City". Ahhh the youth of America. We went for a conference to select entertainment events for the next year here at school.. Had the opportunity to hear Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon, Angels in the outfield, Color Purple) give his ultra Liberal, fight the government speech. You would think he would talk about movies or something the least bit interesting but no he talked about politics. I often enjoy an actor telling me how to think about how I should vote. Of course it was a college crowd so everything he said there was a loud applause for. We also got the chance to see Pat Green - I love Texas country music so naturally - he was awesome. The conference was at the Gaylord Opryland hotel. It has to be one of the biggest hotels in the world. It has a river running through it for goodness sake! I honestly have been in it three times in my life and still get lost. Overall it was a great trip.
My sis is here with us this week. Its great - I think Owen likes it the most because she keeps taking him on walks in his stroller and he loves those.
My wife is trying to get a new vehicle, get our carport fixed, look at possibilities for landscaping, and get a concrete slab to the side of our house. I'm not kidding about any of those. The most famous thing said by my wife is ..." I got the estimate back" Then we start the twenty minute conversation about which shes talking about and how I should have known thats what she meant from the beginning. I'm kidding a little about that. Kinda

Later

0 comments: