CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 06, 2006

Wisdomless

Well, Wednesday I had the great opportunity to have a wisdom tooth removed. Fun times for Mr. Trimble. The Dentist gave me about five shots in the mouth to numb it then left to allow the numbness take hold. As I'm waiting for the numbness to take hold, I realize THE NUMBNESS IS NOT TAKING HOLD. He comes back in and asks if its numb, I say nope so he gives me a few more shots. Same routinue occurs and we wait for 15 minutes. Comes back in and goes to work. Now I mean he goes to work - this is not a simple lil thing. He leans in and grabs whatever the death Eastern block torture device that he bought on Ebay to do this procedure and start to work on the tooth. Well, my lil friends, I come off the chair like A.J. Hawk sacking Brady Quinn. He comments "did ya feel that". I'm on the floor crying and giving up all my CIA conections. "Maybe we should numb it some more". Yea, that sounds great, commrade. So I get the third set of numbness's and cannot feel the shots (I'm numb) except for the last one which was a quick and smaller shot. Great, now the sensitive area has the least amount of painkiller. So the routinue starts again and he comes back. Its better but I'm still feeling the pain - I'm determined now not to say anything. Apparently wisdom teeth take as little longer to come out cause this ole boy was working it like a Lumber Jack in the Northwest. Finally after 14 pints of blood and my fourth time passing out - the tooth comes out. I get it packed and am told to take four Ibuprofin for pain. Ibuprofin? How about a shot of Jack and horse tranquilizers. I'm in pain! Well I'm still alive and have not had much luck with the Ibuprofin that I'm taking but it gets better everyday. Maybe I'll live - now to explain to my superiors why all my CIA brothers are getting nabbed!

Later

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Jeff you did it! You were consistantly funny two days in a row. Maybe describing your pain was not supsoed to be funny but I got a chuckle. I used to be a dental assistant and have witnessed many extractions and it is brutal how they dig in there. That is why I have not gotten my own wisdom teeth removed. Now after reading your blog I am even more reluctant. Maybe yours just hurt more the normal because you have so much wisdom to try and remove!

Jeff said...

yea right - I think a lack of wisdom for getting them removed is more like it!

Kelly said...

Okay - you did it - I finally laughed out loud! The CIA thing was too funny!

Amy said...

Sooo funny, except that I know it really wasn't at the time! My mom has the same issue -- can't get her mouth numbed to save her life, so she lives in dread of her dental appointments. She's had to have major work several times and it's the same story each time. By now, her dentist dreads her appointments too!

Kirk Wimberley said...

Did your dentist clean his hands each time he came back into your room? When I had my last root canal, I noticed that everytime he came in from working on someone else, he didn't clean his hands before cramming them down my throat! Alyssa, does this sound normal?? Anyway, Jeff, I hope you don't get a dry socket. :)