CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ronald Reagan, sports and the young prince Woodard

Blockbuster.com has just delivered The Reagans to this blessed household. I have just watched the mini-series and have to say James Brolin did a great job as Reagan and loved the effort the mini-series gave. Lets be honest, I get very tired of the evaluations of our Presidents - they are human. I value Ronald Reagan as a great President, based on the fact that he maintained pride and confidence in this country. He made mistakes but as a teen growing up through his Presidential years we knew who was in charge and who would do something. Did he always - I have no clue, but it seemed he could communicate his plan and articulate what our direction as a country would be. I obviously did not learn this through the dang mini-series but was reminded of what I learned by watching him on television as a teen and remembering the feeling of confidence I had in him. The older we all get the more we will learn that our leaders are human whether we choose to admit this fact or not - who knows.
My Son has decided to play soccer after wanting to quit. The line "I don't raise quiters" was tempting to use when he told me he wasn't sure if he wanted to play this year but ----he's 8 yrs. old - c'mon. So I decided to just tell him that he needs to stay active (Karate) then he throws the "I miss soccer" thing at us tonight. He then goes to practice and plays hard and seems to enjoy it. I have to fall into the category of - I just want him to be happy (as long as its not too wild or weird). C'mon I'm human!
Can any of us wrap our minds and thoughts around whats going on down in the Gulf coast? All I can do is pray.
Shout out to Cayden Glen Woodard - may your nights be sleepy and your dreams be of sports - love ya!

Later

0 comments: