CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Coaching

One of my least favorite things about coaching/training players is the assigning of who goes on road trips and who doesn't. We only will take twenty players with us on the 27th when we have our first out of town game. I have no problem confronting and correcting a player but putting a list up that has twenty names on it (who goes on the trip) and leaving ten is a struggle at times. I do want everyone to be happy sometimes - I do know a lot of these players get what they deserve. The cream does rise to the top. I do want to win more than lose and will not sacrifice that for the chance to "make someone's day". I just have to admit that I do feel their pain and embarrassment when they are excluded from the group for road trips. They will go through two weeks of two practices a day and sacrifice a lot of blood and sweat for this program - its hard for them to see the big picture at times.
I lost one of my starting defenders yesterday with a possible broken ankle - GREAT! There's nothing showing up on the X-ray but the will have to re examine the ankle in a couple days. I can't afford to lose too many defenders!
We are finally practicing on the field and itsss humid. A lot of water standing all over and 95 degree heat makes for fun practices!

Rants:
I don't understand Terrell Owens - I know the NFL has some dangerous contracts (they can cut you without having to pay out the full remainder of the contract) but its a seven year deal you signed - you can't renegotiate it after one year!

Glad the NHL is back - but - good gosh almighty who is playing for what team! Everyone is trying to get under the new salary cap and there are cuts and trades everywhere!

Little disappointed with Bravos new show Situation Comedy - a Project Greenlight kinda thing. People submit scripts and Sean Hayes (Jack on Will and Grace) and his producing "partner" pick the best two and present them to NBC. We get to follow all the drama along the way. Not as good as the Project Greenlight show but o.k.

Later

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

It sucks to be you!! I could never pick some girls over the others. Is it a school policy that you can only take 20 girls? I don't know anything about your rants so I'll just say good luck with your upcoming trip.

Josh said...

Couldn't agree more on the TO thing. You SIGNED a CONTRACT. Yes, it would be nice if they'd give you more, but they don't want to. Suck it up and do your job.

Dail said...

TO, Randy Moss, Jeremy Shockey & the rest of the bunch need to take a hike. Better yet renegotiate their contracts so that the pay each fan back everytime they do something stupid. Better yet send the to the CFL(Football Siberia)and let whoever actually goes to those games (the 5 people in Canada that aren't hockey fans)deal with them.
Wow that felt good!

Kirk Wimberley said...

Maybe you could secretly have the girls buy their spot...money talks!
I'd like for Dallas to get TO because Parcells would chew his butt up and down and make him ride the bench all season for his immature actions. Rosenthall needs to take a hike too. I love Brett Favre's response to Javon Walker when he was trying to hold out. Favre told Walker "GET TO CAMP AND PLAY FOOTBALL!" And of course, Walker did just that. TO's a liability and if Philly's smart, they'll stick to their guns. I'd love to see TO sit out the whole year.

Kirk Wimberley said...

Oh yeah, I agree with you on the NHL. I am ecstatic that we'll have a season again, but it will take the entire year to figure out who's playing for who. I'm still shocked that the Stars got Modano AND Zubov!!