CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Great shows


I think we all know that I love to wait for shows to be out for three or four seasons and then get them on DVD and watch them one season at a time. This brings about numerous problems.
1. I always catch promos for season four episode two when I'm beginning season three.
2. Like with CSI (which I haven't completed season 1 yet) I tend to be behind the trend as far as cool shows. "don't you just love the new show CSI on CBS, Jeff?" "Well Steve, I'm still on season four of Little house on the Prairie" (what I did there was simulate a conversation)
3. Deaths - a character dying in a series and me noticing on the promo that this will happen really ruins the season before - kinda the same as point one but I wanted to have more points.
4. I have to wait til the seasons come out on DVD before proceeding. Still waiting for the next season of Rescue Me.

So I'm sure your asking yourself "This looks like a great way for Jeff to tell us what new DVD he's currently watching"
The show is called Mad Men and its about AD men that work on Madison Avenue back in the early 60's. It's just flat out good acting and great story lines. Plus you get to see what its like when Men were Men and Women were not well respected. I'm not endorsing this at all by the way. Everyone apparently used to smoke and dinner was always on the table when the men got home. Anyway it is a great show and now I have to wait for season two to come out on DVD - see point four above.
I'm also really enjoying Mayne Street a new web show on ESPN. Its about one of my favorite ESPN anchors Kenny Mayne and is well written with a lot of humor in each three to five minute episode. Check it out people its gooodd.

Later

0 comments: