CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fishing for badmintons

Hey all you party people. I forgot to inform everyone of my new title, World champion of badmiton. My friend Rob has a cabin down at Lake Graham and we have always ventured down there for fishing, relaxing, fishing and the World championship of Badmiton. The first five years were a disaster for Team Trimble. The fishing was good, food was great but not so successful on the court. We would always stay for two or three days and eat just great meals of fish, steak, chicken, and big breakfasts. Plus the time on the lake was great. Although the real purpose of the trip was to see who could win the World Championship! If you need to know, for the first five years of competition, I won once. I have to say though that this was big time. We would have our own uniforms and sponserships. We even had a year where we played through two days of rain (Rob's mom was not very happy with the yard being torn to pieces). There seemed to always be one big ugly theme - Rob won and I lost. I won the first time we played then suffered five consecutive loses and humiliation commenced. Kelly would refuse my calls, fish stopped biting on my hook, and Alec in my last year of defeat, changed his name. Times were tough kids. So about ten years have passed and we found some time to get back down to the Lake a week ago. We fished for three hours the first day then decided it was time. Badmiton net went up, rope for the lines went down and the press came a callin'. I have to say the first match was a match to remember. Rob up one game to none, Trimble wins game two, Rob cruises in game three, Jeffy battles and forces the final game five. Jeffy promptly gets routed in the fifth game and loses again. That's not all young readers, the best thing Jeff does all weekend commences next, he gets another match. The next day the press came back with anticipation of what the old 37 year old could do. I'm technically two hours older than Rob - weird I know, but we were born on the same day - same year with me getting the two hour head start. Well it payed off, I captured the next match three games to one!! We started a third and deciding match with him winning the first two games but were unable to finish because of light. I mysteriously didn't ask to play our last day. So I hold the trophy and the pride of knowing out of eight matches I have won two but right now I, Jeffrey Scott Trimble, am the defending champ. Here's hoping we never get the chance to play again - like Brett Favre I'm retiring, crap never mind.

Later

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congrats on the big win! I like your new look you have going here. Oh and your wife is way hot!

Dail said...

Had I known you were the world champion I would have put that in my blog as well.