CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

300

I have officially started the 300 workout. I'm still running four days a week but I wanted to try lifting a little (key word). I was invited to workout twice a week by Derek McDreamy Hughes and Paul McSteamy Walker. Derek had been doing this most of the summer and Paul just started before me so he wanted a new victim to join. We have a host of other characters involved: Jim Chandler, Charlie Eipper, Brian Wetherbee.

Coach Garfield (the def. coor. for Rider high) is the man that allows us to feel like small school children during this workout. Its simply the hardest 25 minute workout I will and have ever done. We do 300 reps of different weight all while trying to get our set done and move quickly to the next. This is not my normal - bench then sit on the weight bench and look around and then start benching again five minutes later - type of workout. We go from one station to another (usually about 6 or 7 total) and each station touches aka crushes on some different muscle group. We usually do 25 reps at each station til we get to the 300. We go through the thing twice which makes the second time around just a joy!
Its the best feeling in the world when you are done because I am totally exhausted. I really love that feeling, at least I know I still have some athletic traits. We usually go out to eat after and all sit and complain. Well Charlie usually just eats and listens to us complain. I'm being serious when I say its a great, exhausting work out thats a lot of fun. I just wish I had a Mcsomething nickname!

Later

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

McFavre:)

Youth Ministry of Grace Church said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You started the workouts as McWhiny but soon you will be McMuscles. But you will never be McBeast like Charlie.

McDreamy...good one

Kirk Wimberley said...

What ever happened to McMarathon?